William Twining, Sr. - Needs some fix'n

Started by Private User on Saturday, November 22, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 10 posts
Private User
11/22/2014 at 9:27 AM

I think this profile was merged with his father or something. As I understand it, William Twining, who married Anna Doane, was the son of William Twining & Mabel Newcombe. That William, husband of Mabel, was the son of Thomas. William and Mabel were married on Mar 3 1594. The birth date I have for this William Twining is 20 May 1599, not February 6, 1590. Also, this profile has the baptism date as May 20, 1559 but I believe that is the baptism of his father, birth being February 6, 1559 based on the revision changes.

Since all the fields are locked and there is a potential for an unmerge from Oct 27, I figured I'd start a discussion before making changes.

Ping Erica Howton, Private User

Some references:
* http://minerdescent.com/2010/05/26/william-twining/
* http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~paxson/twining/Tw...

Private User
11/22/2014 at 9:30 AM

If Ben doesn't mind, I'll take over curation. William is my 10th great grandfather.

11/22/2014 at 1:11 PM

I'd be delighted if you would take on the job of straightening this out. William Senior is my 9th great grandfather--I think as my connection to him is through his daughter Elizabeth (Doane) Twining--but I guess there is some doubt whether William is really her father. As to Williams parents, I have no information, but yes, with info you have, sure seems like his mother is not correct. I look forward to hearing more.

11/22/2014 at 2:59 PM

Oops, I'm mudding the water. The issue besides the parents of William senior is with his wife, (not daughter Elizabeth (Doane) Twining. I think that got resolved that she was his wife, but we just don't know her parents.

The descendants of William that are in my line are William's son Deacon William Twining Jr./Stephen Twining/Nathanial Twining/Samuel Twining/Thomas Twining/Rachael (Twining) Laing/Thomas Laing/ Emily (Laing) Snow/ Mabel (Snow) Sidman/Gordon Sidman/Sandra (Sidman) Larson-me.

11/22/2014 at 3:19 PM

Question: what value would an un merge bring? Wouldn't it be better to fix the dates according to source? Also, any possibility of locating / uploading some of the primary records mentioned?

Private User
11/22/2014 at 3:25 PM

Yes - if I did it, I would probably just recreate the father and move Mabel Newcombe. I guess the value in an unmerge (if that merge was the cause) would be the potential to save the managers. If one of us recreates it, we'll be the only manager.

11/22/2014 at 11:06 PM

One way I've tried to alleviate that situation - losing managers when I've had to re create a smerged profile - is to send a "contact manager" note to the next generation, inviting them to "request management.".

I haven't really looked at revisions or anything yet, but my suspicion is the genealogy has been off for a while.

Private User
11/23/2014 at 7:12 AM

Ok, I've made the changes and created a new profile for William Twenynge. If anyone wants management, please request it on the actions menu for the profile.

11/23/2014 at 9:17 PM

Private User it looks good - that was the best solution. I love that the marriage record popped up! So cool to be able to source as you go along.

Private User
11/28/2014 at 1:14 AM

If it's backed, I've generally no problems with changes of information. That would be my main input here...

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion