Industria of Narbonne - Different interpretation?

Started by Erica Howton on Saturday, December 6, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
12/6/2014 at 6:07 PM

From a manager -

"Your Industria of Narbonne Tonantius Ferreolus maybe incorrect according to Life of Blessed Charlemagne, a Study By Brian Daniel Starr"

http://books.google.com/books?id=aSIouiighw8C&pg=RA4-PA35&l...

"Take a look at it and tell me what you think?"

Steven Simons

12/6/2014 at 10:02 PM

No. Brian Daniel Starr is one of the most notorious compilers and inventors of fantastic pedigrees on the web today. Don't believe anything he says.

Last time I looked Geni was using the reconstruction of Christian Settipani, an eminent scholar and an expert on these lines.

12/7/2014 at 6:20 AM

" PRO
Today at 1:02 AM

No. Brian Daniel Starr is one of the most notorious compilers and inventors of fantastic pedigrees on the web today. Don't believe anything he says.
Last time I looked Geni was using the reconstruction of Christian Settipani, an eminent scholar and an expert on these lines."
as for your statement above, then what proof do you have>?? I mean since the guy who wrote the book is more likely to be closer then anyone else.

12/7/2014 at 7:10 AM

I'll take a good look at "Industria of Narbonne. It is very likely that such remote ancestors may have incoherences or inconsistencies. On the other hand I have pending the adding of a list of Interesting Gateway Ancestors, I have to get familiarized with the porcedure and editing of that information in order to add them adequately to the GENI records. Is it the same procedure I used for adding the venezuelan Architects and Painters ?

12/7/2014 at 8:15 AM

Christian Settipani is an academic historian. He was a lecturer at the Sorbonne. He also wrote the book.

* Les ancêtres de Charlemagne, 1989
* Nos ancêtres de l'Antiquité, 1991
* La préhistoire des Capétiens, 1993
* Continuité gentilice et continuité sénatoriale dans les familles sénatoriales romaines à l'époque impériale, 2000
* Onomastique et Parenté dans l'Occident médiéval, 2000, Settipani and K.S.B. Keats-Rohan, editors
* La noblesse du Midi Carolingien, 2004
* Continuité des élites à Byzance durant les siècles obscurs. Les princes caucasiens et l'Empire du VIe au IXe siècle, 2006

Brian David Starr is an amateur genealogist. His scholarship is equivalent to the average Geni user who copies information from the Internet. His books are self-published.

12/7/2014 at 2:02 PM

Gustavo Ferrero Gómez yes, it the same process to add any profile to any project.

From http://www.geni.com/projects/Gateway-profiles/23377

* From the profile page: upper right hand corner, actions, (drop down), "add to project" (select project)
* From the project page: upper right hand corner, actions, (drop down), "add profile"

You may need to "join as collaborator" first

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion