Started by Private on Thursday, January 29, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
Private
1/29/2015 at 8:20 AM

how do we untangle them? I am related to John Alden, "Mayflower" Passenger but also to David Alden (thru his wife mary!) how do i handle that? 10th great grandpa or 11 great grand uncle?

1/30/2015 at 6:41 AM

It is very possible for an ancestor to be both a 10th and and 11th great grand parent. I have several instances of this.

7/16/2016 at 3:58 AM

Of course it is possible. Is it true? That's a completely different question.

The possibility is:

John Doe has a son, who has a son, who has a son... (10 times) and then he has a daughter who has a son who has a daughter (9 times) and at the end of this two people marry and produce you. Now on your father's side that is your 11th great grandparent, on your mother's side that same person is your 10th great grandparent.

Private
7/16/2016 at 6:09 PM

Ok thanks guys. Here's the thing . My direct line on paper and geni is to Elisabeth Pabodie daugther of john Rebecca southworth (pabodie) is her daugther. Rebecca's Husband Is Cpt william southworth who was the son of Ens. Constant Southworth and Elizabeth Southworth (collier)
But constant and Elizibeth had a daugther named mary who married david alden Elizibeth alden's brother.. so does What exactly does that make John Alden My tenth great grandpa or 10th great uncle?

7/17/2016 at 9:21 AM

Both Michael, he is both to you.

Private
7/17/2016 at 10:43 AM

thanks.. that's what I was trying to figure out allthough the view as more then one relationship tool was helpfull.

7/18/2016 at 4:42 PM

Michael, have you heard about inbreading? It is very common in a lot of places. My mother is not only my mother, she is my 4th to 11th cousin through different cousins having children together through the ages.

Private User
8/12/2016 at 2:01 PM

Where is the "view as more than one relationship" tool?

8/13/2016 at 2:48 AM

Nonexistent.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion