Collaboration on interests and profession

Started by Private User on Saturday, August 8, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 27 posts
Private User
8/8/2015 at 3:04 AM

I collaborated on projects to gather profiles of people with a certain attribute. This was in my view a success, and we gained a lot of insight on immigration of the Dutch into other places. We could also start collaboration on our own attributes. I noticed for example people working with genealogy professionally. Other collaborations are possible....?

8/8/2015 at 4:00 AM

I think other collaborations are possible indeed, Private User! When I started the 'Geni's Project Producers Plaza', I thought I'd introduced the Personal Project Page for the first time here on Geni. See:

http://www.geni.com/projects/Geni-s-Project-Producers-Plaza/26580

But I was so wrong. I wasn't the first at all. George J. Homs was way ahead with the idea already! See:

http://www.geni.com/projects/George-s-Personal-Index-of-Projects/17143

With the Plaza idea, I have created squares for people where they can gather with the same interests, like project making for example.

At the moment I am busy developing a new Plaza, together with Private User. It is a Plaza for Artists. See:

http://www.geni.com/projects/Geni-s-Artists-Plaza/26929

This new way of collaborating by trying to gather like minded Geni users, in there professional lives or interests/hobbies etc., is hopefully creating a new dimension to the social media aspect of Geni, that hasn't really taken off yet, in my point of view.

I think there are plenty more social groups that can be formed in various categories :)

Private User
8/8/2015 at 12:26 PM

I was thinking on a collaboration between university proffesors. There is a google group on sociology of mediaval profiles. Maybe we can start to make those people interested in collaboration in Geni?

Private User
8/8/2015 at 12:33 PM

This group can be found at soc.genealogy.medieval@google.groups.com

8/8/2015 at 4:45 PM

Private User one thought I had had was to offer to make projects (out of a theme / element template Dimitri can help with) to offer a Geni project presence to affiliated & existing groups in the genealogy space.

We have in fact done that with a couple of cemeteries & a major archive.

Soc.Gen.med (they have several repositories archiving the mailing list) is a wonderful idea.

Many of the core members maintain their own websites -- for example

http://www.genealogics.org/index.php

But this would be different. As you say, a place for like minded to come together.

Medieval Plaza?

Private User
8/9/2015 at 12:52 AM

I agree. Let us try out a Mediieval plaza! I will join for the low countries. How can we attract the attention of soc.genealogy.medieval?

8/9/2015 at 1:12 AM

Start by joining the google group; I get a summary report in my mail. And let's build a medieval plaza; my own interest area is quite late, really "early modern" Scotland & England (1500s - 1600s).

Private User
8/9/2015 at 1:47 AM

I did join them some months ago. I do get these discussion digests almost daily. The problem is I get no overview like we have on Geni discussions.

Private User
8/9/2015 at 1:48 AM

I did join them some months ago. I do get these discussion digests almost daily. The problem is I get no overview like we have on Geni discussions.

8/9/2015 at 2:34 AM

Private User, Erica Howton, can you suggest to Private User and me for visual hints of how this Plaza could look like? (Post some websites with pictures or whatever, anything just to get us going really)

By the way, Private User and I are working closely together now on the visualisation of the Plaza projects, (David) BANNER & Pretty Projects.

8/9/2015 at 2:36 AM

+ 1 for medieval plaza

8/9/2015 at 2:45 AM

Dimitri Gazan if you do a google seach on the images tab for "medieval manuscripts" it will give you lots of great inspiration.

8/9/2015 at 3:33 AM
Private User
8/9/2015 at 4:25 AM

Dimitri,
On my facebook page I have heraldic pi tures of the early Heren van Amstel.
You can also download from profiles in geni, look for example for Cornelis van Amstel van Mijnden

8/9/2015 at 5:01 AM
8/9/2015 at 2:19 PM

I think the theme look is fine. It would be fun to put together a page of images / banners / line elements (like the David Banner project) for easy copy & paste?

And i have one question about the flowers on the plaza tables. Would they have been sunflowers?

8/9/2015 at 3:13 PM

The Pretty Projects and the (David) BANNER project has been extended with the fabulous creations of Private User

From now on, we are working closely together on the design part of projects.

The plan is to rotate selections of banners, lines and dots etc. This way, we keep ourselves busy creating, and keep our projects under the attention.

http://www.geni.com/projects/David-BANNER/26445

http://www.geni.com/projects/Pretty-Projects/26552

There is now even a new short tutorial on how you can add text on top of a banner.

For images, feel free to roam the internet and paste them into your projects. Can't see what I can be of extra help on that part, I feel.

If you have personal requests for images, I can always help find them for you, if you want me to :)

8/9/2015 at 3:28 PM

Dimitri Gazan,

Can you please get her to unblock the curators that she is blocking as we cannot contact her because of this block.

Kevin

8/9/2015 at 3:36 PM

Sorry, who are you referring to, Kevin?

8/9/2015 at 3:55 PM

Dimitri Gazan,

Loretta.

8/9/2015 at 4:09 PM

thanx Kevin, I wasn't aware of it. (Send you a PM in a minute too)

Private User
8/9/2015 at 5:07 PM

@Kevin Lawrence Hanit,

You've been unblocked, Kevin.

8/9/2015 at 5:16 PM

Private User,

Thanks.

8/10/2015 at 9:37 AM

Anette Guldager Boye is the third Geni'astic who will soon join up on the Plaza with a PPP!

She is very much into the Medieval and Viking age as well.

Let's give her the support she needs, because she is very new to the PPP concept, ok?

8/10/2015 at 9:47 AM

Thank Dimitri.! I appreciate it.

Private User
8/11/2015 at 11:34 PM

Hello Anette Guldager Boye welcome and happy to cllaborate

Showing all 27 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion