Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts
Private User
8/28/2015 at 7:09 PM

Too many wives, too many children, references in the About and Revisions to "Oberto, marchese di Milan", who was *not* the same person.

Needs careful double-checking.

Private User
8/28/2015 at 7:10 PM

We also have a problem with his "nickname", "el Joven". That's SPANISH, not Italian. Italian would be "il Giovine".

Private User
8/28/2015 at 7:24 PM

We also have a problem with his "nickname", "el Joven". That's SPANISH, not Italian. Italian would be "il Giovine".

Did they really speak Italian around 932? Italian was first normalized under the 1300s, Latin, juvenes, spanish, joven, or your modern Italian standardized Giovine, what is most correct?

Private User
8/28/2015 at 7:47 PM

They would NOT be speaking Spanish in Lombard Italy in the 930s.

The Lombardic dialect of Old High German, *possibly*, though it was pretty much Out by 800 AD; Lombard Italian dialect, quite probably. (Dialects arose all over Italy as soon as there was no central civil government to make everyone speak Latin - the Church was not only not a sufficiently powerful replacement, though it tried, but *its* spoken Latin was soon "contaminated" by dialect.)

Private User
8/28/2015 at 7:58 PM

You can check with Justin Swanstrom or Margaret she is the manager of the pofile

Private User
8/28/2015 at 8:19 PM

Justin when he gets back - he's away from his resources at the moment.

I know from Italian, I *speak* it, although badly.

Private User
8/28/2015 at 8:32 PM

C
AN NOT WAIT TO FIND OUT

8/29/2015 at 10:28 PM

This might take awhile. Who wants to tackle the clean up?

The nickname "el Joven" was added in May 2012. Not sure on what authority. I'm going to just remove it.

As you've already seen, he's been merged with Oberto d'Este. His wife was Gerberge. The other wives (and children) should be Oberto's.

Private User
8/30/2015 at 12:03 AM

I *thought* somebody smashed him. Ugh, more clean-up work. :-(

11/9/2017 at 8:49 PM

I wanted to post ion this discussion, but I accidentally created a new discussion. Please see my other post. There are a lot of mistakes on this entry.

11/9/2017 at 10:59 PM
Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion