Solveig Halfdansdotter, Eysteins Hardråde's wife - Solveig Halfdansdatter: Is she daughter of Halfdan the Valiant

Started by Private User on Saturday, September 5, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
9/5/2015 at 10:42 AM

There is a disconnect in the connection between Halfan the Valiant and Solveig Halfdansdatter. The Geni files show that Solveig was born circa 684. However, connected files show that Halfdan the Valiant died in 650. Even if he hadn't died, he would have been around 90. Also Moalda, Solveig's mother is reported to have died in 643. Is there a missing generation here?

9/5/2015 at 12:21 PM

It could be a mistake in the connection, but this far back the first thought should be that when people are busy making up dates for these people they've gone off a bit.

Private User
9/6/2015 at 1:36 AM

Turn it around: Do we have ANY documented dates on these people?
We don't, - actually we does not have any documentation that they even existed. It's just sagas.
I have removed the birth date on Solveig, - it did not match the children either. - Probably should all dates be removed, - they are just fabricated dates anyhow.

It cant be just a Saga. What evidence do you need. He is my 35th Great Grandfather and I am here, alive . The exact dates doesn't matter so much.

Private User
9/6/2015 at 10:53 AM

I have found a different source that seems to make more sense for Solveig's origins. See what you think. http://www.ourfamilyhistories.org/getperson.php?personID=I8569

Private User
9/6/2015 at 11:20 AM

That is the most common error, clearly stated in the About Me about two different Solveig's.

Private User
9/6/2015 at 11:26 AM

The location "Soleyum, Stockholm, Sweden" will make every historian laugh and definitely trow that site away as a really unreliable source ;-)

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion