Thomas Kilbourne - half brother

Started by Jonathan Kilburn on Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
2/3/2016 at 10:47 AM

Can you clarify a little about his children please? I believe he had another child named George Kilbourne b. 1611 d 1685

2/3/2016 at 3:30 PM

Hello cousin Kilburn, from Payne K. Kilbourne'sThe History and Antiquities of the Name and Family of Kilburn:
children of Thomas and Frances (Moody) Kilborne immigrants who settled 1635 Wethersfield, Ct.
Margaret who married Richard Law
Thomas no record of making it to this country
George see below
Elizabeth no record of her making it to this country
Lydia married Robert Howard
Mary married John Root
Frances married Thomas Ufford
John called Sergt.

George came later 1638 and settled Rowley, Mass. He arrived after his father Thomas's death. Said to have been baptized February 12, 1612 Wood Ditton, England.

2/3/2016 at 3:48 PM

Steven Tim Kilburn can you check something for me please?

I believe (but am not sure) that Robert Jennison married twice, first to Elizabeth Jennison believe to have died by 1638, no record of arrival in Massachusetts, mother of Elizabeth Read

There is a note in Grace Jennison profile "2nd wife," and based on the birth Date, I've placed

Ens. Samuel Jennison as her son.

I had found her as "Elizabeth Grace Kilbourne" with Elizabeth's birth date. But there was no such person as Grace Kilburn, correct?

2/3/2016 at 4:56 PM

Hi Erica, left things for you on the Spencer discussion. As to this question Torrey has Robert Jennison (?-1690) married first Elizabeth (?-1638) age 30. Married second Grace (?-1686) both in Watertown.

There is a Grace Kilbourn, father Ebenezer born June 25, 1693 married Benjamin Goodrich March 7, 1716, not a possible wife of Robert.

There was an Elizabeth baptized Wood Ditton May 12, 1614 no record of her coming to this country. No other Elizabeth Kilbournes in that time frame.
Pope Pioneers of Massachusetts also has no last names for the wives. He does name children crediting the mother as Grace, though by the dates Elizabeth was born to the first wife. First wife most likely died of birth complications.
ch. Elizabeth b. Feb. 12, 1637/8
Michael b. Oct. 17, 1640
Samuel b. Oct. 15, 1642
Pope quotes Robert's will saying " to daughter Michall Warren. Interesting, no. Tim

2/3/2016 at 5:09 PM

Yes, I'll come back to Spencer.

Who was "daughter Michael Warren?"

Looks like we're missing a Jennison child (the Michael mentioned).

I'll take a look in VR of Watertown

2/3/2016 at 5:15 PM

http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Jennison-2 is well referenced, including images of his will (i love this stuff)

His children, all born at Watertown, were:

1. Elizabeth born April 12, 1637 [4]; married George Read Oct. 4, 1652 at Woburn, as his first wife. [5]
2. Micaell Jennison born at Watertown 17: 10m: 1640 (Dec. 17) married first Richard Bloyce, on Feb. 10, 1657. (p. 328)[8] She married second, on John Warren at Watertown on July 11, 1667. [1] [4]
3. Samuel born Dec. 15, 1642; married Judith Nucombe/Newcomb of Braintree on Oct. 30, 1666. [9] [4]

(guess that means first wife Elizabeth did emigrate)

2/3/2016 at 5:30 PM

Found her

Michall Warren

2/3/2016 at 6:16 PM

Yes you did. I love it myself especially when the pursuit and results are shared. Micaell becomes Michael, wonder when and where that occurred?
And yes it would seem by dates first wife Elizabeth did emigrate, and forgot to mention both being named Elizabeth is kinda of a sign. When the mother dies at birth or soon after, the child if it is of the same sex is often named after the mother. And if not of the same sex some variation.

2/3/2016 at 9:27 PM

Spelled "Michall" in her birth record. First time I've seen this name.

http://MA-VitalRecords.org/MA/Middlesex/Watertown/Images/WatertownV...

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion