DNA Transfers

Started by Leigh on Thursday, June 30, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
Leigh PRO
6/30/2016 at 6:04 PM

I uploaded my DNA profiles and it all went through just fine however when i transferred the DNA profiles from FTDNA of 3 other people from their accounts it was applied to my profile, something is very wrong here now just to add to the issue in case you ask the question 2 of these people whilst living are not on Geni but they are on my tree using my email address please advise.

Leigh PRO
6/30/2016 at 6:18 PM

Note i said from FTNDA

6/30/2016 at 9:14 PM

Leigh,

Ran into this issue myself. I had to go into each FTDNA account I managed and disconnect from Geni.

Next when reconnecting, before clicking on the DNA tab of the profile you want to attach, log out of FTDNA. This way you are relogging into the correct FTDNA account on each attempt to link. This method worked for me after the first attempt failed and caused Geni to think I was my own half-sibling.

Leigh PRO
6/30/2016 at 9:24 PM

Tried that Jonathan and thanks for the reply i had already logged into the accounts of each profile at FTDNA so i will try the reverse, i was beginning to wonder if Geni is aware that many people control dozens of at DNA profiles.

6/30/2016 at 10:00 PM

What works well for me is

First, log into the FTDNA account of the person whose DNA results you intend to transfer. I log out of whatever account I was in before too.

Second, go to their profile on Geni and begin the transfer.

It's fast and has worked every time for me.

I had the same issue of going to a profile on Geni, trying to start the process and having my FTDNA account show up, since that's what I was logged into. Luckily, I caught myself and logged out and logged into the correct FTDNA account.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion