So all U.S presidents are related daughter of Jan Van Groenewegen, but they also share a common ancestor they're descended from too.

Started by Daniel Cameron Boeggeman Jr on Friday, August 26, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 90 posts

All of the U.S Presidents share MANY of the same ancestors, I myself am a common ancestor to every single U.S President. All of the U.S Presidents are descended from one ancestor, John I "Lackland", King of England, except for Martin Van Buren, 8th President of the USA, who is not a direct descendant of King John, but is a direct descendant of Eleanor d'Aquitaine, Queen Consort of England, who is King Johns mother, which makes King John his 20-something great uncle. Van Buren is the descendant of Eleanor through her first marriage to King Louis VII of France, the rest of the presidents are descended from her through her second marriage to King Henry II of England, and their son, King John.

If he's related to Elenor, he has to be related to John

Geni has me related to Martin more then one way. Why doesn't that surprise me?

https://www.geni.com/path/Martin-Van-Buren-8th-President-of-the-USA...

This link shows that Martin Van Buren is in fact descended from King John.

https://www.geni.com/path/Martin-Van-Buren-8th-President-of-the-USA...

He's even got a line of descent to Edward I of England.

i know i am directly related the King John through one of his "concubines" morals or not the genes flow... in all directions. Alfred the Great is also a direct Ancestor of mine :)

My relationship path to Van Buren is not what I expected. He is my 13th cousin 6 X removed. He is a descendant of Thibaut Comte of Brienne and I through Thibaut sister, Jaquetta Woodville of Luxemburg.

Judy, he, Martin Van Buren, could be directly descended from Eleanor and King Philippe II of France - her first husband.

., that's very true. Then he would be John's half brother, But not Henry's son. Then of he would not be connected to William the Coq and so on. His line would be going the other way. I had forgotten she had been married before and devoiced from him before marring Henry who was still in his teens at the time of the marriage. She had a lot of children by Henry. How many did she have by Philippe ? I have never followed him as I have never had a need to. Just wondering. I have several connections to King John, hence King Henry. In the case of King Henry I connect two ways , one King John and the othe William Longspree, whom I like a lot beter then John.

I just looked it up she had three children by Louis 8th not Philippe . I couldn't find Philippe on the tree. Going to look again.

Correction Louis the 7th. PS according to Geni I am also related via hi,. I will now have to check him out.

Try http://weareallrelated.com for inexpensive descendency lists of many of the U.S. Presidents. Some also, featuring the paths of cousinship, between some of these Presidents, as well.

I am also related to John Lackland and to Eleanor

Judith, it was not King Phillip II that Eleanor of Acquitane was impregnated by, it was King Louis VII whom he married first, King Phillip II is the first male son of King Louis VII, he divorced Eleanor because she couldn't produce a male heir, she produced all daughters, I know one of the daughters was named Agnes Capet, as she is my 22nd GGM, I beleive. Thats why he (Louis VII) nicknamed his son Dieux donnè, which means "God given", en Français.

i'm related to all the u.s presidents some v.p's and some governors

Same here ^

Yep, its crazy, the closer you get to the executive branch, the more you find people with connections to the royal family. All of us on this very page, would be related to every President and VP, with the exception of VP elect Mike Pence, who you may or may not be related to, but definetly connected to.

Royal blood evolved into politician blood then came us ha!

Lol. Actually, I plan to run for state rep in 2018. You could probably be a politician too, if you wanted to be. At least you'd have a good chance of climbing the ranks, considering that politics is apparently a family affair.

Indeed it is a family affair. We can run but there's no hiding 😹. That's wonderful! I don't believe we are in the same state but either way I'll be rooting for you. Yeah I'll stick to trying improve things in the healthcare and cyber security field. Handling a whole state populous at the moment..... yeah 😺

Lol. Yeah, it appears we are on opposite sides of the country, I live on the east coast, inbetween Trenton (capitol of NJ) and Philadelphia, both are about 10 mins away. The economy in Pennsylvania is bad, there are a ton of drug addicts, and bipartisanship keeps it in a deadlock, its part of what inspired me, we need somebody with moderate views, not left and right views. Healthcare and cyber security fields are very important, and (stay with me here, I may sound crazy for a second) God did make a promise to King David, the covenant of King David, wherein part of it he promises David his descendants would always be in power, which still holds true to this day, Obama, Hillary, Trump, Queen Elizabeth II, etc. All descendants of David. That being said, you will definitely be succesful, I haven't met anyone on here that's related to me that isnt intelligent, except one woman, on a different discussion, whom is my 22nd cousin... lol. Maybe if i do a good job, and ascend to the Oval Office, I'll appoint you to be my Secretary of Health and Human Services.

Hahah "22nd" I think I know who you are referring. Yes based on historical record and knowing that history repeats makes sense. However when you make it to the Office whether you appoint me or not remind me to shoot you an email of what needs fixing. It doesn't matter who does it as long as the improvements are placed :)

Seriously. That really is all that matters. I would appoint you though, I trust people im related more so than, um... "normal" people, I've actually found a couple friends of mine, by doing their family trees, I'm related to. It always ends up being a close friend, oddly enough, but i guess it really isn't odd, one of my best friends and my ex girlfriend were both 15th cousins of mine, both trustworthy people. But yeah, I couldnt agree more, as long as whats best for the people gets done.

My mothers grandmother use to say blood attract blood. I have had similar run ins.

Yep, I would definitely have to concur. My parents are related, somewhere between 8th to 14th cousins, and even share many ancestors, I counted King John to be may 21st and 22nd great grandfather waaaayyyyy more times than I'd like to admit..

its happen but it also keeps the genes strong.

Now we'll have a US President that's not related to anyone in the human race, so that will break the line. Apologies to the world -

I do not think that's true when it comes to smaller populated areas, where everyone is related to each other, referring to his Scottish ancestry, at least, he is related to them there anyway. But there exist some other politicians with extremely small trees, Hitler, Stalin, Putin, Angela Merkel, just to mention a few of them...Imported from outer space maybe?

This is just a small selection of world leaders, statesmen, etc. The answer to the question, related to you, is most likely No, if you ain't a part of that family. It's real surprising of how small their family tree often are here on Geni, considering the amount of people they have been or still is in charge of...

Mao Tze Tung, related to, You?
Mao Zedong 毛澤東, Founding Chairman of P. R. China

Stalin, related to, You?
Joseph Stalin

Hitler, related to, You?
Adolf Hitler

Saddam Hussein, related to, You?
Saddam Hussein

Fidel Castro, relate to, You?
Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz, Presidente de Cuba

Nicolae Ceausescu, related to, You?
Nicolae Ceaușescu

Putin, related to, You?
Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin

Angela Merkel, related to, You?
Angela Merkel, retired Chancellor of Germany

SA Royal leaders, related to, You?
Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud

Ayatollah Khomeini, related to, You?
Ayatollah Khomeini

Khaddafi, related to, You?
Muammar Gaddafi

https://www.geni.com/projects/Ambassadors-of-Darkness/2729

Kenneth, you do realize Hillary lost right?

As for the Swedish guy, you're definitely right to a degree, but going through history and checking the leaders across the world, you come to find most are related. All U.S presidents are related, we're all related to justin trudeau, alot of the emperor's of Mexico, presidents of Brazil, all the kings and queens of europe, kings from the middle east, pharaohs of egypt, Tsars of Russia, I'm even descended from Attilla the Hun, Köten Khan, and related to confuscious. However, you are absolutely right about all of those people you mentioned, thank God none of us are related to Hitler.

Showing 1-30 of 90 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion