Barend Buys, SV/PROG - SV/PROG?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Saturday, August 27, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
8/27/2016 at 10:13 AM

How can he & his father Jean de Bus, SV/PROG both be SV/PROG?

8/27/2016 at 10:55 AM

I believe that somebody merged 2 family lines that are not related. Barend Buys came from Brunswick, Jean de Buis came from Calais.

Nobody responded to Fanie Buys' inquiry some time ago - see his message below.

It would be great if these 2 family lines can be "unmerged", because it is creating confusion.

Anneline Du Preez (Buys)

Re: Barend Buys, SV/PROG
Managers of Barend Buys, SV/PROG,

Will you be as so kind kind to provide traceable documented proof that Barend Buys is the son Jean de Buis ?

The Y-DNA analysis I have does not agree with your statement.

So my suggestion is that you remove the link because you are in fact trying to join two completely separate families.

Sincerely,

Fanie Buys

8/27/2016 at 11:48 AM

Thanks Anneline Du Preez (Buys). I haven't seen the other Discussion, but that's important. I'm in the middle of something I can't lose the thread of now, but will you please come back here and remind me to do this for you , if I've not reported back here by Monday latest?

8/27/2016 at 11:14 PM

Thank you for the important work you are doing here, Sharon and Anneline. All I know is that Jean de Buis is my 7th ggf.

8/27/2016 at 11:58 PM

I've removed Jean as Barend's father. Please check now.
I'll go and put some safety measures in place to try to prevent it happening again, when I'm on my computer.

8/27/2016 at 11:59 PM

Thanks for the appreciation, Piet - it's always heartening to think you're making a difference .

8/28/2016 at 10:17 PM

Thanks Sharon, that looks good. My brother mailed an association in Germany requesting further information about Barend Buys. If we do find Barend's parents, I will certainly update you.

8/29/2016 at 2:59 AM

That would be great. In the meantime, I've put a Curator Note on both of them to try and prevent them being merged into one another's lines.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion