Elijah Akiva Kamenetsky (Eisenstadt) - Elijah Akiva Kamenestsky

Started by Private User on Monday, November 28, 2016
Showing all 13 posts
Private User
11/28/2016 at 6:57 AM

The Unbroken Chain shows him as the son-in-law of Elimelech Eisenstadt. It shows him as the son of Mordechai Kamenetzky of Lida, who was the son-in-law of Rabbi Chaim of Volozhin.

Private User
12/4/2016 at 8:17 AM

According to Neil's ( author of The Unbroken Chain) to me with my family descendants chart...Reb Elimelek Kamenetsky (Eisenstadt) had sons: Kivel Kamenetsky aka Reb Elijah Akiva Kamenetsky, Lazar, Meer, Abraham, Pinkus. All of this can also be proven through the revision lists of Lida. I am a descendent of both Elijah Akiva and Pinkus. I am also a descendent of Mordechai. His daughter Genia married Elijah Akiva.How are you related to me?

Private User
12/4/2016 at 11:25 PM

Sorry not clear it was according to his email to me. All the best. Marjory

Private User
12/5/2016 at 7:30 AM

According to family information, I am a descendent of Mordedchai of Lida, through the daughter of his son Moshe. I was trying to see whether I could compare some of the information to The Unbroken Chain, and noticed what I thought were discrepencies.

Are you aware of any other information about the descendents of Mordechai of Lida that I might be able to use? Thanks.

Private User
12/5/2016 at 9:13 PM

I am sorry but I only know my line however in my tree it is very clear that they kept marrying within the family. My great grandfather was the first to not marry a relative. He brought the whole tree with him to the US in the late 1800's. Look around for family names like Eisenstadt and perhaps Gordon. Best of luck. Marjory

Private User
7/25/2019 at 9:31 PM

I stumbled upon this discussion in the course of some research on Lida. I wonder if there is a reason why the pedigree of the spouse of Elijah Akiva named Genia bat Mordechai according to the post of 12/4/2016 isn't included on this tree. Is this still considered a valid pedigree for Genia? Also it seems there is an error with Genia's birth year of 1897: that is her death year, no?.
Thanks.

Private User
7/25/2019 at 9:55 PM

Joel, In regard to the post of 12/5/2016, I am having some trouble locating the Mordechai K. of Lida branch you mention as being part of your pedigree. Do you still believe this to be the case?

Private User
8/3/2019 at 11:13 PM

Adam, thanks for your reply. As you can see, I posted that question a while back.

The family tree in Rav Chaim of Volozhin's profile shows Rav Mordechai, but that part of the tree stops there. I was wondering if anyone had information further down. I could not get any support from the relative of a relative who shows the connection to my grandmother in that relative's My Heritage tree.

Private User
8/4/2019 at 4:55 AM

Joel, I can see from the GENI profiles that there is some confusion in this area. Are you looking at the 2nd or 3rd Edition of Unbroken Chain?

Private User
8/4/2019 at 5:27 AM

Joel, Please see the new discussion about this tree under R' Shlomo Zalmen: Rav Shlomo Zalman Sender Kahana Shapira

9/27/2020 at 7:25 AM

Hi Joel, I've started mapping out Mordechai Kamenetzky's tree based off the revision lists of Lida. I have also included Moshe's family/

Private User
1/26/2021 at 5:24 PM

Please let me know if you have any new information. Thanks.

Private User
1/26/2021 at 7:29 PM

C Thanks for the work. Is there a reason why some offspring are showing up as Private? For example, offspring of Yossel Kamenetsky? I think it may be necessary to edit the profile and make it a deceased and Public profile.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion