• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
3/8/2017 at 6:25 PM

Folke "Filbyter" was disconnected from his parents Raoul Payen de Beaumont and Agatha Payen de Beaumont by Alex Moes.

I have disconnected as this couple looks like an attempt to link Folke to Fulk IV "The Surly", count of Anjou

3/8/2017 at 6:39 PM

Regarding his wife Bertrande Jorgrimmesdotter.

As a blank profile i can't begin to guess where the name Jorgrimmesdotter comes from.

The Swedish and English wikis gloss over the lack of evidence but
https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folke_Filbyter says "Han finnes ikke i noe historisk kildemateriale som kan bevis hans eksistens.", ie there is no historic evidence for Folke. Given no historic evidence for the most prominent family member where could his wife's name come from? Is it a literary reference from Folkungaträdet (1905), by the Swedish writer Verner von Heidenstam or Frans G. Bengtsson's The Long Ships?

Private User
3/8/2017 at 6:46 PM
Private User
3/8/2017 at 6:59 PM

Her surname is now removed. You can remove her picture too.

3/8/2017 at 7:10 PM

Maybe we should leave the surname but reference it, NN profiles are a bit boring :)

I will remove the picture as Google links it to Richard, Count of Évreux so most likely part of the whole French Connection theory.

Private User
3/8/2017 at 7:35 PM

All right.

Private User
3/8/2017 at 7:46 PM

There are 3 Richard Count of Evereaux:
Richard Évreux, Count
Richard, Count of Évreux

and this MP
Richard I, count of Evreux

all seem duplicates same death date.

3/8/2017 at 8:30 PM

Ok, if they are small trees i will merge into the MP but if big dupe trees will park into the Medieval duplication project for an expert

Private User
3/8/2017 at 8:44 PM

2 are duplicate I think, maybe with death dates repeated.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion