David Yehoshua Heschel HaLevi Horowitz, I - David Joshua Heschel Horowitz

Started by Randy Schoenberg on Thursday, March 16, 2017
Showing all 7 posts

Managers of David Yehoshua Heschel HaLevi Horowitz, I,

I am contacting you about this profile: R' David Joshua Heschel Horowitz, A.B.D. Lublin and Rychwal

This is a tough one. I merged the two David Joshua Heschel Horowitz profiles, both sons of Zvi Hirsch, both died 1825, and both married to a daughter of Eleazar Kallir (one Jenny, one unnamed).

Was it a bad merge? If not, which Zvi Hirsch (son of Meir or son of Pinkas) is the correct father? The two mothers are both named Rapaport too?

Sincerely,

Eric Randol Schoenberg, Geni Curator

Randy,

Clearly two different profiles. You need to undo the merge and get them as two separate families, who happen to be possibly connected via two sisters.

According to Wachstein this David was the son Zvi Hirsch, the son of Pinchas !!!

Ok. I severed Zvi Hirsch son of Meir. I wonder if that one also had a son named David Joshua Heschel? Rabbi Tzvi Hirsch Horowitz of Chorkiv

But now the dates are suspicious.

Zvi Hirsch son of Pinchas is 1753-1817 and died in Frankfurt. Rabbi Zvi Hirsch HaLevi Horowitz

Zvi Hirsch son of Meir is 1680-1753 Rabbi Tzvi Hirsch Horowitz of Chorkiv and is the grandfather of Zvi Hirsch son of Pinchas!

David Joshua Heschel is 1740-1825, so that would make Zvi Hirsch son of Meir a more likely father.

Eliezer Kallir 1728-1801 is the subject of the Wachstein passage where it mentions that his daughter married David Joshua Heschel son of Zvi Hirsch and grandson of Pinkas. It would make sense if instead of grandson it said brother of Pinkas. I am going to assume Wachstein made a mistake here and move David Joshua back as the son of Zvi Hirsch son of Meir.

Now Zvi Hirsch son of Meir has eleven children again, which is also what it says on his bio.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion