Johannes Hendrik Visagie - Sand River Convention of 1852

Started by Deirdre Sandra Snook on Sunday, July 9, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
7/9/2017 at 7:18 AM

JH.Visagie was a signatory at the Sand River Convention of 1852 between Britain & the Boer Republics. He is noted as Secretary .

This done and signed at Sand River aforesaid, this 17th day of January, 1852.

(Signed) A.W.J. PRETORIUS, Comdt.-General. H.S. LOMBARD, Landdrost. W.F. JOUBERT, Commandant-General. G.J. KRUGER, Commandant. W.I. HOGGE, Assistant Commissioner. C. MOSTYN OWEN, Assistant Commissioner. J.N. GROBBELAAR, R.L. P.E. SCHOLTZ. P.G. WOLMARANS, Ouderling. J.A. VAN ASWEGAN, Veld Cornet. F.J. BOTES. N.J.S. BASSON, Veld Cornet. J.P. FURSTENBERG, Veld Cornet. J.P. PRETORIUS. J.H. GROBBELAAR. J.M. LEHMAN. P. SCHUTTE. J.C. KLOPPERS. In presence of - (Signed) JOHN BURNET, Clerk to the Civil Commissioner of Winburg. (Signed) J.H. VISAGIE, Secretary.

https://www.angloboerwar.com/books/30-reitz-a-century-of-wrong/722-...

Private User
10/6/2019 at 12:01 AM

Hi Deidre,

I have merged him into the World Tree for you. I have also created a project for Sand River Convention. I hope to add all the profiles as mentioned in Reitz's book to that project (both Brit and Boer).

I did notice that there was a mistake on the World Tree re: Johannes Hendrik Visagie's wife's parents. I have started a discussion to correct it.

At present they have Schalk Willem Petrus Burger, c2d9e1 and Elsje Sophia Burger, b12c11d8 as her parents, however I believe her correct parents are Barend Frederik Burger and Hester Sophia Burger.

Regards,
Drummond

Private User
10/6/2019 at 12:03 AM

FYI this would correct the tree as far as the mtDNA is concerned as there are two mtDNA samples in this line, both K1a-T195C! which we have confirmed leads to Sarah Barentsz Cochet, SM/PROG at the Cape Dutch DNA project.

Private
10/8/2019 at 2:44 AM

Dankie Drummond. Thank you Drummond. Please invite me to the project as well. I will leave the corrections in you capable hands. Let us know if you need to lock profiles or fields.

Judi

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion