• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
Showing all 3 posts
Private User
7/14/2017 at 4:11 PM

All of a sudden a family tree of more than 200 unrelated individuals was copied and attached to my tree without my permission. In addition Geni is only allowing me to delete the female members of that tree and when I try to delete the males the message is that the managment of this tree does not allow any changes. I don't know how to find that managmanet

Private User
7/14/2017 at 5:26 PM

Geni’s concept of a shared World Tree is difficult for new users to discern: it is only mentioned in passing in Geni’s introductory pages. It becomes more opaque when delving deeper. On the opening page, www.geni.com (when logged out), shouts

‘Start My Family Tree!’
‘Powerful Genealogy Tools to Help You Grow Your Tree’
‘Seamlessly collaborate on a single shared tree with as many family members as you like’

The only mention of the World Tree is the number of profiles in it – not that you will unconditionally be part of it.

Divine Intervention connects a new basic user to the World Tree.

7/14/2017 at 10:03 PM

Private User if you open up a profile from the tree view to the full page view, you will see the name of the manager and a "contact manager" icon to send them a mail. You can view merges on the "revision" tab and determine if it was incorrect or not. If it is not correct and needs to be undone, curators can assist - we need the profile URL - on this discussion:

Attention Curators please assist
https://www.geni.com/discussions/156925

Hope this helps.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion