Started by Svante Julius on Monday, September 4, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 11 posts
9/4/2017 at 1:31 PM

Jag kontaktar dig om den här profilen: Adam of Eden
Denna profil saknar pålitliga källor.<Och borde inte finnas på Geni.Förvaltarem är kontaktad.Tydligen någon som inte har så stor erfarenhet av Geni.men det är flera som har samma profil.Denna har spritt sig som en löpeld på Geni,Själv har jag alltid varit misstrogen då Geni påstår att Det är en förfader på Min morfars sida,Har har inte lagt in dessa profiler i mitt släkrträd.
M-V.H
Svante Julius

Private User
9/5/2017 at 3:42 AM

Svante Julius naj, du är nog inte längre släkt med honom, har du provar att uppdatera din relation genom att klicka på den lilla grå cirkeln i hans namnfält, om inte, gör det.

9/5/2017 at 8:35 AM

Ska testa det ulf.
Men min åsikt står fast.Detta är inte seriös släktfprskning..Tack uffe
Svante

9/5/2017 at 8:54 AM

Profilen är Nu uppdateradGjorde som Du föreslog..Blir inte så glad när Geni blir en lekstuga för oerfarna forskare.

Hello Svante Julius,
yes we know that the Biblical Tree is not professional by today's standards of research. This is also probably true of almost ALL information before 1500, but we still have it.

Please keep a few things in mind:
1) We try to keep the "Biblical Tree" as accurate as possible according to ITS sources.
2) The primary reason that this tree is on Geni is because it is traditionally part of MANY historical genealogies. All European "nobility" had fake genealogies created to "show" their connection to these ancient lines. So these lines were added to Geni by many hundreds of people.
3) As I said the lines BETWEEN the Bible-Tree and Medieval Europe are fake. We Curators make sure to CUT them all of the time. So no connections to the present should be found. BUT with so many users, some people add them again. We are working on means to permanently prevent these being connected.
4) You will find trees from MANY ancient traditions across the world on Geni. This includes many from Norse Sagas and such. This does NOT make the site any less professional for having them. It just means that we also acknowledge and respect people's historical traditions.

9/6/2017 at 1:17 AM

Have disconnekt this profil from my tree.

9/6/2017 at 6:25 AM

Svante, the only way to permanently disconnect these profiles from "your tree" is to cut the connection between you and your parents.
There's nothing on Geni that is "your tree" except your profile and the profiles you yourself have added that have not yet been added to by others or merged with other profiles.
The rest is a shared tree.

9/6/2017 at 11:22 AM

Harald
Har kopplat bort mig från sagda profil.Om jag gör som Du säger är det ju självmord vad jag förstår.Då är all möda med seriös släktforskning bortkastad.Om jag kopplar bort mig från mina föräldrar..Otroligt dumt svar. Och skriv gärna på norska eller svenska nästa gång.
Tack från Svante.

9/6/2017 at 11:23 AM

Harald
Har kopplat bort mig från sagda profil.Om jag gör som Du säger är det ju självmord vad jag förstår.Då är all möda med seriös släktforskning bortkastad.Om jag kopplar bort mig från mina föräldrar..Otroligt dumt svar. Och skriv gärna på norska eller svenska nästa gång.
Tack från Svante.

9/7/2017 at 12:13 AM

Shmuel isn't very good at Scandinavian languages.
I'm still wondering what precisely you have done when you say "I have detached myself".

Harald, thank you for getting involved.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion