Frances Fugate (Mould) - Frances Mould

Started by Private User on Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
1/16/2018 at 12:32 PM

How can Frances be the mother of all these children if she got married 1694 and died 1695?
Where does her death date 1695 come from?

Private User
1/18/2018 at 4:35 AM

I have her birthday as 1650.

Private User
1/18/2018 at 8:24 AM

Okay. But she got married 1694 and her death date is given here as 1695.
There must be something wrong.
See here:
Maryland Marriage Evidences, 1634-1718
by Robert W. Barnes
Peter Fucatt m. by 4 July 1694 Frances, daughter of John Mould (BALR RM#HS:419)
Maybe she was married before and had some children from her first husband and two of Peter. But 1695 as her death date is probably not correct.

Private User
1/19/2018 at 4:24 AM

I'm sorry. I read your question incorrectly. I remember having the same question when I came across this. I also thought maybe Peter was married prior and some of the children were her step children???

1/28/2018 at 10:21 AM

The (previous) child of https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000070157014987 was clearly incorrectly connected - as both Frances & Peter died before the 1714 birth.

There is a note on son Josiah's Fugate (b~1680) profile that there may have been both an English and a French person in Colonial America at the same time ... and maybe in the same Maryland area.

I'm looking at the Fugate side, but the children of Frances look okay now.

It seems to me that a 'confusion' also exists about Mary Fugate and her children (three possibly different? John Zachariahs?) and the spouses of her sons. Some references better than online tree branches would be helpful.

1/28/2018 at 10:22 AM

That 'child' referenced in previous note is John Fugate

Private
5/21/2019 at 11:01 AM

Will the real husband please stand up?

5/21/2019 at 12:52 PM

The Register of St. George's Parish, Baltimore County, lists two children of Peter Fucat: John born (day unreadable) February 1689/90 and Ann born 14 March 1692/3. No mother is listed in the register. The register begins in 1689. The "marriage evidences" cited above only means that she was married at some point before July of 1694 (probably due to a signature or acknowledgement for a land transaction) with no indication when that might have been.

6/14/2023 at 10:35 AM

Frances Mould's parents were married around 12 Apr 1669 based on a record where she signs for the land she inherited from her stepfather, John Belaine - - - here's the proof of the date of the marriage of Ann Posey to John Mould * * * * * * * * Francis Posey had no will. The whole document was from Ann's 2nd stepfather, Alexander Smith (Elizabeth's third husband), recording the receipts of each of the four heirs from John Belaine's will that they had received their shares. Elizabeth first married Francis Posey who died intestate, second to John Belaine who died testate, and third to Alexander Smith. By his will, John Belaine had left half his personal estate to his wife Elizabeth and her two children (by Francis Posey), and half to his two children (by Elizabeth). Each of the four heirs from John Belaine's will signed (at different times) they had received their shares, and Alexander Smith (Elizabeth's third husband) recorded them all at the same time on 13 January 1679/80. See full record under sources, and at:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9XW-XKHN

For Anne's portion:
12 April 1669 Anne Posey of Charles County, Maryland, Spinster, "daughter of Francis Posey decd. doe at this present before the solemnity of Marriage betwixt Jno. Mould" acknowledged her "one quarter part of an Estate by will and testamt. given & bequeathed to mee by my father in Law Jno. Belaine." ["Father-in-law" meant step-father.]

All the receipts were recorded at court on 13 January 1679 [1679/80]. Anne's receipt from 1669 shows she was unmarried at the time (called Anne Posey) as was "BEFORE THE SOLEMNITY OF MARRIAGE BETWIXT JNO. MOULD." There was obviously an intended marriage which would have been shortly after 12 April 1669 when she acknowledged having received her share.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion