Lev Yagudin - Lev Yagudin - Connection to Chaim Voikhansky

Started by Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) 馃嚘馃嚭 on Thursday, May 10, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts

Links to ancestry.com profile https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/48039797/person/28...

* born 1872
* died 1955 Tokmak, Ukraine
* Father Abraham Yagudin
* Mother Hanna Yagudin
* spouse Sonia Slavin

no sources attached

Based on the above he is not the son of Chaiim Ber Voikhansky

Hi, if you look at the project you will see a request from Dvor to delete this tree as it is incorrect. The Geni tree does not match with Dvor's tree and if you follow the links on the profiles you will see that they are connected very differently in Geni than the profile they were copied from. Completely different parents.

I created the project these profiles are attached to.

Hate, I was asked by family members to fix the problems with bad merges and incorrect smartcopy's

I am not able to do it now till after the 18th
I am at work
You can follow my Ancestry.com tree and start from there

Sorry auto correct, Hatte

Hi Dror, thanks that's what I have been following

I deleted my comments. I was mistaken!

Hatte, unfortunately the damage is already done.

As per the project overview I have removed 4 siblings of Chaiim from the top of the tree.

Here is a summary of why the cuts were made

1) Eidel Elka Lebel Eintracht
Eidel was born in 1761 and died in 1827, her full descendant listing is part of the Jewish Families of Krakow Poland Project and is detailed at http://www.ics.uci.edu/~dan/genealogy/Krakow/Families/Eintracht.html

She was incorrectly attached to Shlomo Schlioma Voikhansky father of Chaiim Ber Voikhansky. This Shlomo was born in 1813 - when Eidel was 52 years old. So unless he was a time traveller he cannot be her father. There is the possibility that this date is incorrect and he was born before 1745 which would make him 83 when Chaiim was born - not impossible but there is no evidence to support this.

2) 3) and 4)
Rejzla Lipczak, Johann Jacob Kagan and Mordechai Knigin were siblings entered by myself in part of my own families dna journey. There is no evidence that this family intersects with the Voikhansky family. They do not appear in the ancestry.com tree. There may or may have been some bad merges made down the line in this tree. It is hard to tell as on the face of it the merges look okay right until you get to the very top merge of unknown to Shlomo.

Because Geni was updated with these incorrect linkages - there are now my.heritage trees that have been copied from them so there will get smart matches trying to reconnect them back to Shlomo unfortunately.

If there is any evidence that these should be added back in, I would be very interested to see it and will happily reinstate any connections.

I researching my wife's DNA match with various Voikhansky connections. She come's from a Knaigin line so I was pursuing this connection you referenced above

<private> Lipczak (Knigin/Kagan), Johann Jacob Knigin and Mordechai Knigin

SInce that was three years ago I'm curious as to whether you've had any insights about the DNA connection. fyi you can find my (and my wife's) ancestry on myheritage.com.

atDNA is difficult in this area due to significant endogamy.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion