Moon, Moone, Mohun, de Mohun, Moyion

Started by Thomas Leo Moone on Monday, August 6, 2018
Showing all 7 posts
8/6/2018 at 8:21 AM

I have been researching my family name, "Moone" and have connected to the following names listed above. Would like for someone to to take a look and see if you could cleanup any problems with duplication's, permissions, and locked files. I realize you have to figure out a way to stop some of the problems, but is there a way to fix the files where you can still connect families, even if we don't have names for parents or a question, so that you can keep working in the line.
Like if you have a father, but do not know his father's name, but have the Grand father's name so that you can connect and continue on down the line. We can always go back when we find a good source and fill in what is missing.
I have several problems with this problem.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thomas Moone

8/6/2018 at 8:44 AM

Hi Thomas - Please don't create placeholder profiles to keep working the line into the Medieval Area.

If want help with specific profile issues - post the link to a Curator - or on the Curators Please help Discussion.

8/6/2018 at 9:08 AM

I have done so.
Just asking is there a way to setup a file if the name of the person is in question? That way you can move on if you have more connection thru out the line. I have asked this several times to different curators, and they do nothing or just lock it and fix it so you can not do anything. I know this sounds like I am upset which I am but I am a computer operator and know that there are steps that can be done to keep the line moving smoothly.
If you can't do this tell me who can so I can get in touch with them.
It seems that just locking or taking permission away is the only solution to most problems. I know that can't be the only way.
Not upset that there might be some questions on some of files, just would like to be able to setup a way to move on to another family and go back later when we find the right answers.
I don't think this is being unreasonable .

8/6/2018 at 9:17 AM

Thomas, do you understand that there's only one world tree? If you're talking about continuing to build into the Medieval Tree - those profiles will already be on it. We don't need duplicates of them added. Please read project guidelines in this regard.

If you buy a subscription to Geni Pro you can do a lot more in terms of merging etc.

8/6/2018 at 9:26 AM

What you can do if you want to keep a link to the Moone family profiles that you can't figure out the link to - is start a Moone Family project, and put links to the Moon profiles on that.
Use the project text to detail the history of the lines you think you might link to.
If you need help creating it, just yell and I'll do it for you.

Private User
8/14/2018 at 10:18 AM

I like to address the problem. What to do if you have the name of the grandfather, but not the name of the father.

I have a case were a medieval person said about another person that is was his cousin and so I know they shared a grandfather or a greatgreatfather. But I know for sure they are not brothers. So there is an unknown father. So if you have clear document that so and so is the granddaugther of a king. But then you don't have a father or mother. And yes people are looking for more then 50 years for that missing link and the documents are limited and new documents or prove is not coming out of the blue.

8/15/2018 at 9:45 AM

Thanks, for your help. I at a dead in. Will work on another line.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion