Abraham Moyses Einstein - Abraham Einstein - sources beyond Tanzer?

Started by Ilana DeBare on Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
8/14/2018 at 11:59 AM

Hi. I'm a direct descendant of Abraham Einstein, as documented in the Tanzer book. Tanzer doesnt list Abraham's siblings or parents, and so I am curious what the sources are for them.

I'm particularly interested in confirming that David Veit is his brother, since David Veit's descendants include the famous Albert. My concern is that Abraham Einstein is such a common name -- I want to be sure that the Abraham who is a sibling of David Veit is the same as "my" Abraham.

Can any of you share any info on the sources or documentation for Abraham's siblings and parents? Thanks!!

Ilana

8/14/2018 at 7:05 PM

If you will open Abraham;s profile on GENI - Abraham Moyses Einstein - you will find 30 different matches of information in the "Confirmed Matches" section just below what would be his profile picture ...

Private User
8/16/2018 at 2:18 PM

Rick, those "confirmed matches" are unfortunately all to trees that are inaccessible to those of us without MyHeritage memberships.

Furthermore, the trees match each other -- but what are those trees based on, and is the information correct? (I have seen numerous trees online that are based on other people's trees, without documentation, and errors are propagated from one tree to another.) This is where it would be useful to have primary source documents, or at least reliable secondary sources.

Like Ilana, I am interested in the sources that were used to construct the tree. If the creators of the matching trees could kindly post the source documents they used to determine the relationships in the first place (or a reference to them) that would be very helpful to the community.

Thanks,
LK

8/16/2018 at 7:50 PM

Yes, LK is right, I'm trying to find the sources for the connections made in the trees.

Are there gravestones, documents, family oral histories, or other sources of info that make the connection between David Veit Einstein and the Abraham Einstein who is listed as the initial Einstein patriarch in the Tanzer book?

Sometimes family trees start to feel very circular. (Joe bases a connection on Karen's tree, and Karen based it on Sid's tree, and Sid based it on Robin's tree, etc. and who knows where the original info came from?)

I do most of my genealogy on Ancestry.com (that's where I have my paying membership) and the circular issue happens there too.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help out with this...

Ilana

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion