Treina wife Shlomo Zalman, Mother, Gaon of Vilna - Maiden Name of Treina wife Shlomo Zalman, Mother, Gaon of Vilna

Started by Private on Sunday, August 26, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
Private
8/26/2018 at 5:27 PM

I received this:

"Kindly keep your hands off the family of the Vilna Gaon. Why did you assign the surname Ginzberg to his maternal grandfather ? You are tampering with my ancestors. You are making a mess !"

from Private User ; is Ginzburg a fake birth surname?

It's not clear what this means because I am doing the opposite of making a mess - I am making neatness. Also I am not tampering with ancestors, I am correcting & merging ancestors of millions, so I am confused.

8/26/2018 at 5:52 PM

To ALL of you - I am very confused. Who in this conversation is complaining AND what are you complaining about ???

There is NO "my ancestors" in GENI. There are a LOT of us who share the same ancestor, whether it is back 2 generations or 22 generations. There is NO ownership, with the exception of some immediate (and I am not at all sure what that really means) family members.

If I am related to someone and you are related to that same individual, what makes "your claim" any more legitimate or important or significant than mine.

Someone needs to get both their understanding of GENI AND a clarity of why they are here at GENI straighten out.

Good hunting !!!

RGS

Private
8/26/2018 at 5:55 PM

Someone sent me that message so I wonder if it is a gag or is the writer serious? In any event is Ginzburg a legit surname?

8/26/2018 at 5:57 PM

NO CLUE.

I am just sick and tired of several contributors to GENI throwing around this idea of "MINE." !!!

Private
8/26/2018 at 7:09 PM

But i didn't say it, he did

Private User
8/27/2018 at 1:21 AM

What source do you have for the surname of Treina, the mother of. The Vilna Gaon ?
It was not Ginzberg.
She had no surname.
I have been researching the family of the Vilna Gaon for fifty years.
See my book “Eliyahu’s Branches, the Descendants of the Vilna Gaon and His Family “
Published by Avotaynu 1997.

8/27/2018 at 6:55 AM

Your great book got me started on an incredible journey. Through family marriages of great rabbinic dynasties I’ve basically traced to Genesis 3 and the tribe of Ashkenaz. I’m truely thankful that your book affirmed family oral history.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion