Francois Joseph Savoie SOLVED

Started by Joseph Bolton on Saturday, September 15, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 2221-2234 of 2234 posts

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces298889.html

4 Scudi - Carlo Emanuele II
1641-1643
Gold • 13.12 g • ⌀ 30 mm
KM# 196, Fr# 1071.4, MIR# 851b, N# 298889

Obverse
Accolated busts of Carlo Emanuele II and his mother to right, date and mintmark at end of legend

Lettering: +CARO. EMANVEL. CHRIS. FRAN. 1642. P

Reverse
Large crown over small shield of manifold arms, with central shield of Savoy, in baroque frame

Lettering: DVCES. SAB. PP. PEDE. RR. CYPRY.

OKAY, Mary, you have JUST crossed the line into overt fraud. The portrait on the left is Francisco Giacinto, all right - BUT the one on the RIGHT is not. It's his great(x)uncle Philibert I (17 August 1465, Chambéry – 22 September 1482), and *you have been caught faking evidence*.

https://www.savoydelegation-usa.org/early-dukes-of-savoy.html

Not even very clever, Mary, to misuse images from a website *you* have so often referred to, which can be so easily checked.

92% of your respondents wouldn't know the difference between 17th and 19th century clothing, either. But to anyone who knows *anything* about historical costuming, the adult figure on the left is quite clearly an adult *woman* in 1630s widow's weeds. In other words, Christine de Bourbon. It even *says so* on the coin itself, abbreviated down to "Chr." or "Chris.".

I don't care WHO cataloged them, Philibert I is ***NOT*** wearing 17th century clothes! What he *is* wearing is consistent with the late *** 15th *** century - AND YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS BEFORE.

So yes, that *IS* Philibert (Filiberto) I, ***NOT*** Francesco Giacinto!!!!

That there is a strong family resemblance *should be expected*, considering how much cousin-marriage there was in the Savoy line - at least they had the smarts not to inbreed themselves into extinction, UNlike the Spanish Habsburgs.

Since the video manipulations do not show full photos of the original paintings, it’s a video manipulation, and not a proof at all. If I look at the site for where the crops came from, and the labels that were painted in (not captioned), I do not see that they are the same model. It’s manipulating artifacts in service of an agenda instead of an honest proof or an honest mistake. Poorly done.

As for facial feature analysis software, *that* science is still in its infancy and it is wrong as often as it is right - or oftener.

Re: The painting of Philiberto was clearly mislabeled by the individual who labeled all of the paintings in the early 1900's. As you can see the painting is in fact teenage Francois Hyacinth.

So now, as an art historian, you are claiming the paintings were deliberately painted in the 1900s to represent different people when they are in fact the same. I take it you’ve compared the original engravings, paintings and coins, validate their provenances, had your conclusions double checked by art historians, and alerted the Savoie family of the fraud?

Just in case and for the record, here is a link to a side by side comparison from a set of engravings of the Dukes of Savoy, explicitly labeled and identified. The engravings were taken from the portraits under discussion. https://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000185251322125

Philibert I is dressed in the height of fashion for the court of Lorenzo de' Medici (reign: 2 December 1469 – 8 April 1492).

Francis Hyacinth is dressed for the court of Louis XIII (reigned 1610-1643).

The difference in clothing styles is approximately 150 years.

Hi Maven and Erica. Long time no see. You can't do facial recognition on paintings. Period. You are analyzing a face that was interpreted by two different artists. Its scientifically not possible or pretty much nuts. I haven't here for ages because you have both allowed Mary Despres to run roughshod over this page with her trolling fantasies to support some bizarre agenda she has. I'm only here because she is still trying to troll the Acadian Project folks on WikiTree and they're not having it. They're response to her - "Shoo fly". About a year ago or so, she tried using Roberta Estes atDNA methods to triangulate 10-14 generations. Roberta has told her it cannot be done beyond 5 or 6 generations at best. And so Mary dropped that fantasy. But, amazingly, she is back on it, pushing that noodle on other sites. And if you recall, all the analysis she was doing using multiple trees of people on this page was a complete waste of time. Erica and I spent hours and days showing how all these supposed descendants trees were completely wrong, had huge holes in them, and in some cases, pure forgeries. Even Mary's own tree was a mess. I'm an awe of your patience with Mary's garbage. But at some point you have to realize she is all hat and no cattle and is not adding anything to the process.

We've been *trying* to discourage her, but she doesn't discourage. Geni is, if you ask me, *excessively* lenient with paying "head cases", but in this instance Mary may have gone just a bit too far. (We can hope....)

Joseph Bolton, I’ve avoided asking Geni to take administrative action on this discussion, and perhaps about Mary’s right to post on Geni from respect for your integrity, and sincere efforts to investigate Francois Savoie’s ancestry. I don’t agree with you, but you have only tried to make your argument, not to fabricate anything. I hope you can take Private User advice, and that of the other excellent genealogists who have stopped by to help you, and understand that the day has come for us to shut this down.

Merci beacoup, Raymond!

PTID:6000000178679731825:6000000173616890340 you have been suspended until Geni can review the case.

Hello Erica, I understand. However, I would still like to have a thread specifically for people to leave the Oral Traditions they received from their families about Francois Joseph Savoie. We can limit the thread to that specific topic.

Can you start a new discussion?

Showing 2221-2234 of 2234 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion