Issac McClendon - Corrupted Tree

Started by Willie Eddie McLendon on Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
11/7/2018 at 8:34 AM

I am a direct line descendant of the McClendons and I have been researching the family line for 9 years. The only McClendons born in Scotland are the original 4 men who immigrated from Barbados into Perquimans County, North Carolina, in 1696. The Progenitor Dennis McClendon and his wife Elizabeth Dunn and his 3 sons Francis (m. Elinor Bush), Dennis (m Margaret Mary ) and Thomas (m1 Elizabeth Bush, m2 Mary Bryan Bush). Thomas had 6 boys and 1 girl with Elizabeth and 4 boys with Mary. Much confusion in research occurs because of the crossover of duplicate naming between the 3 sons and in the generations. Through document databasing and time lining, it becomes easier to differentiate between the lines and their generations.

Information in this tree has been crossed and corrupted. Although I have not researched all of the generations past 1800's except mine, I have a good understanding of the early members.

Isaac McClendon the Judge from Jasper County, GA, was born in Johnston County, NC, to Thomas McClendon Jr. and his wife Louisa Gray. Documentation only shows proof of his brother Thomas who married Sarah Cooper. To date, the most recent existence of Isaac in North Carolina is Cumberland County in Nov. 1774 as a chain carrier for his Uncle John McClendon's property. I continue to try to prove his residence in North Carolina during the Revolutionary War. We only have his, Thomas and cousin Simon's vouchers of Duplin County and they are not admissible as DAR evidence. Part of this problem arises from the burning of county records over the years.

Lisa McLendon Novarro

Private User
11/8/2018 at 5:51 AM

Just for starters, I think his name is misspelled - should be "Isaac". One S, two As.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion