Oda of Saxony - Inconsistencies

Started by Sharon Doubell on Friday, January 11, 2019
Showing all 5 posts
1/11/2019 at 9:15 AM

SmartCopyConsistency Check:Oda of Saxony is under 12 years old for the birth of her child Benedicta -.Oda of Saxony is under 12 years old for the birth of her child Caecilia -.

1/11/2019 at 11:40 AM

According to FMG:

ODA ([884]-[2 Jul] after 952)

She [ODA] married secondly (900) [SHE WOULD'VE BEEN 16 AT THIS MARRIAGE] Graf Gerhard [Matfriede] (-killed in battle 22 Jun 910), her first husband’s enemy, and [maybe thirdly Eberhard Graf im Oberlahngau, Pfalzgraf]. Jackman speculates on this possible third marriage for onomastic reasons, the name of Eberhard's supposed daughter Ingeltrud being that of Oda's maternal grandmother[118]. [King Zwentibold & [his wife] had three children:]
a) [BENEDICTA . The Gesta Episcoporum Leodensium names "filie…Ceindeboldi Regis Benedicta et Cecilia" and records their burial at Süsteren[119]. Abbess at Süsteren. This is the only reference to any children of King Zwentibold. Their existence is improbable, especially given the speculative birth date (shown above) of Oda wife of Zwentibold, although it is possible that they were illegitimate. Their names are not, however, typical of the late 9th century in Germany and their absence from any contemporaneous primary sources is surprising if they did exist, considering the number of references to King Zwentibold himself.]
b) [CÄCILIE . The Gesta Episcoporum Leodensium names "filie…Ceindeboldi Regis Benedicta et Cecilia" and records their burial at Süsteren[120]. Abbess at Süsteren.]
c) [RELENDIS . The Gesta Episcoporum Leodensium names "sancto virgo Relendis filia…dicit regis [=Xeindeboldi regis]"[121]. The same comments apply to this daughter as the alleged daughters Benedicta and Cäcilie.]

[SO, THE THREE CHILDREN WOULD'VE BEEN BORN BETWEEN 900 AND 910, THE TIME OF ZWENTIBOLD'S DEATH]

Private User
1/24/2019 at 1:50 PM

There is a "foster father" in this line, it is a new path, just want to report it somewhere.

https://www.geni.com/path/Sharyn-Shaz-Proctor-Duthy+is+related+to+B...

8/21/2020 at 11:18 AM

Are we sure that Oda = Hidda / Ida, speculative wife of Eberhard, Graf im Oberlahngau Pfalzgraf ? It skews the relationship to Udo IV, Graf in der Wetterau

——

8/21/2020 at 11:19 AM

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FRANCONIA.htm#Gerharddied910

Regino records the death of "Gebeardus comes" fighting the Hungarians[288]. m ---. The identity of Gebhard's wife is not known with certainty. Jackman highlights the Liber Memorialis of Remiremont which lists (in order) "Gebardi duci, Hidda, Riquinus, Christianus, Raginfridus". He associates the first two with Duke Gebhard [Konradiner] & his wife, whom he therefore speculates was named HIDDA [Ida], and the last three with the family of Gebhard's wife[289]. Jackman speculates[290] that the wife of Duke Gebhard may have been a sister of Hermann Archbishop of Köln, and descended from Christian [I] Graf von Grabfeld, possibly the daughter of Christian [II] Graf im Grabfeld. This series of suppositions provides support for his theory that Gebhard's grandson Otto was the same person as Otto Graf von Grabfeld.

Duke Gebhard & his wife had two children:

* Herman (d.949), duke of Swabia
* Odo (d.949), count of Wetterau (from 914), Lahngau (from 918), and Rheingau (from 917), married Cunigunda, daughter of Herbert I of Vermandois

——

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~cousin/html/p321.htm#i8072

Ida (?) was born circa 875?. She married Herzog von Lothringen Gebhard II "der Jüngere" von der Wetterau, son of Graf im Lahngau Udo von Lahngau.1 Ida (?) died on 19 November.1

Graf der Wetterau Udo I von der Wetterau1
b. between 895 and 900, d. 12 December 949

Father Herzog von Lothringen Gebhard II "der Jüngere" von der Wetterau1 b. circa 865, d. 22 June 910
Mother Ida (?)1 b. circa 875?, d. 19 November
     Also called Eudes de Wetterau French.2 Graf der Wetterau Udo I von der Wetterau was married to a daughter of Heribert I of Vermandois.1 Also called Udo von Gleiberg. He was born between 895 and 900.1 He was the son of Herzog von Lothringen Gebhard II "der Jüngere" von der Wetterau and Ida (?).1 Graf der Wetterau Udo I von der Wetterau married Cunegundis de Vermandois, daughter of Herbert I, seigneur de Peronne & de S. Quentin and Luitgardis de Troyes ?, in 915.3,2,4 Count at the Wetterau.1 Graf der Wetterau Udo I von der Wetterau died on 12 December 949.1 He was the predecessor of Graf der Wetterau, Herzog in Rheinfranken Udo II von der Wetterau; Count.1 Graf der Wetterau Udo I von der Wetterau was buried in Wetzlar.1

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion