William Canary

Started by sarah gamble on Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Showing all 2 posts
8/13/2019 at 3:28 PM

William Canary, born 1740 Virginia, died after 1796 Kentucky, is the father of Christian William Canary, born Virginia 1769, died Kentucky 1812. Christian W. Canary was married to Barbara Garshwiler. There is a GRC report from the Francis Vigo Chapter, Indiana DAR, in which William Canary is listed as the father of Christian William Canary. I am searching for a family Bible, deed or will that might corroborate this familial connection between William Canary and Christian William Canary. Any information you could pass along would be deeply appreciated.

8/14/2019 at 3:48 PM

My Patriots settled in Kentucky. 'Family Bibles' are often donated to libraries that run a genealogy department and if they don't have it they will know in whose hands it resides. In my case it is the Greensburg Library. Also, look for the 'In To And Out of Old Kentucky' books that have many excerpts of others but in my case the 'Nathan Bridgewater Family Bible' that is the hands of a lady nearby. Very best on your search. Kay Paras, Patriot William Warren.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion