Started by Private User on Sunday, September 22, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 35 posts
9/23/2019 at 8:04 AM

Hi, Cheley:
Like you, I had traced my GENI profile back to Adam and Eve and King David of Israel. I just went to my profile on King David of Israel, who is my 101st great-grandfather, blood relationship, and on back to Adam and Eve. Now my King David of Israel show no blood relationship, and I had this relationship printed out, which clearly showed my blood relationship to King David of Israel. The Bible further states the entire genealogy of King David of Israel in the first book of the New Testament, the genealogy of Jesus, back to Adam, in the book of Matthew. Whoever changed up these profiles was wrong to do this on GENI and people who use GENI for these relationships. You should look and see who the last person was who made these changes, and did a great disservice on GEINI profiles of King David of Israel, whose genealogy line goes back to Adam, thisis in the Bible. I would like these orofiles to be restored as they were before.
Dona Lorine Floyd Kimmons

9/23/2019 at 8:08 AM

Eve is my 117th great-grandmother, and I printed out this relatonship, as I did King David, and I would like these profiles to be corrected as they were before.
Dona Lorine Floyd Kimmon

So do I. Espdcially since ancient DNA gives us blood that seems to confirm the path.
I also printed it out all of them, but I think some people have deliberately erased the Davidic line. Find the purpose and you find the perpetrator. Who is menaced by a davidic line ?

9/23/2019 at 6:34 PM

I think it's best to respond to this by starting with something one of our curators wrote in another, similar thread:

> Making connections relies upon documentary evidence.
> For most of us, there is NO documentary evidence for our family trees before about 1600.
> For Norman French families in England, there is some evidence going back further.
> For rabbinical Jewish families, there are genealogies that go back further as well.
> For other cultures, there may be more documentary evidence, such as church records for Scandinavia.
> But in general, for the ancient and Medieval family tree, there is no or sparse evidence, usually only for nobility and once you get into ancient times, little or no evidence.
> We have expert users, some of them curators, who keep up with historical evidence and discussions about the ancient and Medieval worlds and I rely upon their expertise and trust them.

> On Geni we attempt to improve the world family tree over time such that the connections are based on sources - primary or secondary.
> Where connections are severed, it is because there is not such evidence and in fact, there may be counter evidence.
> The world family tree is a work in progress. You can expect connections to occur that were NOT there previously and connections to disappear that were there previously, as we all work on the tree to make it more accurate and "sourced" (evidenced by sources).

The tree is a work in progress, constantly improving. I would venture to say that where the tree has been cut by a curator, it's because the evidence was non-existent or proven unreliable. If you have evidence to support a connection that has been severed, by all means bring that evidence forward (in the form of a discussion on one of the profiles adjacent to the cut).

And under no circumstance should you accuse other users of deliberately cutting legitimate connections, unless you have proof to back up such inflammatory claims.

9/23/2019 at 8:12 PM

Please restore all of the profiles affected - Adam, Eve and King David. These are very important to all of us. I do not have them printed out, but wish I did....

9/23/2019 at 8:25 PM

The relevant project (and a good bit of advice) is https://www.geni.com/projects/Descents-from-Antiquity/12283

If you walk the line starting with yourself and come upon a profile without documentation in the profile, that's the best place to start working. What's documented stays; what isn't documented is eventually removed.

Starting a discussion based on the profile is occasionally helpful.

9/24/2019 at 4:32 AM

I asked another curator about this and he gave me a helpful link which I will now share with you. It is GENI PROJECT: https://www.geni.com/projects/Biblical-Tree/38
I hope this helps others, as it did help me on this subject.
Thank you,
Dona Lorine Floyd Kimmons

Dona Lorine Kimmons, Sr., please start a discussion on the profile and tag the url of the other profiles impacted and add your evidence.

9/25/2019 at 2:48 AM

Leanne Minny:
There already is a discussion on Adam that has been started and I have been responding to it,this discussion is already started. Also, where do you find the URL?
Thank you,
Dona Lorine Kimmons

9/25/2019 at 2:49 AM

The discussion updates are on the Updates of Sept. 24th.
Thank you,
Dona Lorine Kimmons

The easiest way to copy the url of the profile is to go to the profile and copy the web address and paste it into the discussion.

My line is back..For some reason, geni had chosen.to go from my " de Lusignan" ancestors and the old line is back,.now

9/25/2019 at 2:13 PM

Sometimes the "In-law" line pops up first - and you have to ask to check 'other' method. That's just now happened to me.

1- [Shortest in-law relationship] - Adam of Eden is your 19th great uncle's fiancée's sister's fiancé's second great uncle's wife's 16th great grandfather.

2- [I then requested to check the other line - Shortest blood relationship - and came up with] -
Adam of Eden is your 118th great grandfather.

Soooo, I think the problem of previous links that appear to have been changed - could Possibly be corrected by asking for the other line. - Even though the 'in-law' line is now readily available, it Has caused some confusion for me Many Times.

9/26/2019 at 4:08 AM

Thank you, Leanne Minny, I will try to do that. I do not know how to copy and paste anything. But I will do as you suggested, but later, not now.
Thank you,
Dona Lorine Kimmons

Private User
9/26/2019 at 9:38 AM

Dona Lorine Simmons, Sr.
arrow up to header with URL>left click>copy
open new window>up to header with URL>backspace to empty URL>left click>paste>click right facing arrow in header to go

9/27/2019 at 4:57 AM

Dianne Elizabeth Ashworth, thankyou for showing me how to copy and paste, but Ihave tried to do this many times, never with any success. I will try again when Ii get some time.
Thank you,
Dona Lorine Kimmons

Private User
9/27/2019 at 7:39 AM

You're very welcome. :) I have no idea why it doesn't work for you.

Private User
9/27/2019 at 2:23 PM

Dona Lorine Kimmons, Sr. Immediately after you LEFT CLICK on the URL (which turns the whole line of web page address code the color BLUE), RIGHT CLICK, then click on COPY.

Click on the exact place where you want to paste it. Then RIGHT CLICK again, and PASTE.

If you want to paste the URL within your discussion posts, doing so will provide links to whichever Geni profiles you are referring to.

I find it easiest to paste the links in between paragraphs of text, but you don't have to do it that way. You can experiment, because you have a few seconds after every post allowing you to delete if you don't like how it turned out. Then you can just edit and try again.

Another suggestion: I learned everything about computers by Googling things for instructions. Example: I might Google, "How to copy and paste an URL."

Private User
9/27/2019 at 8:47 PM

(smack my forehead) Thanks Debra. "Your other left hand." LOL

Private User
9/28/2019 at 1:57 AM

You're very welcome, Dianne. I'm left-handed too, btw, so I really do sympathize. :D

Private User
10/28/2019 at 1:43 PM

The problem with this tree regarding Adam and other Biblical characters, is that many religions with their version are included in the genealogy. If we were to use the original Old Testament, first reference, we wouldn't have too many problems.

5/23/2021 at 7:46 PM

Adam of Eden is your 129th great grandfather.
You
→ Alvin Dean Meredith, Sr.
your father → Charlotta Meredith
his mother → Mabel Floretta Miller
her mother → Matilda Louisa Woodruff
her mother → Samuel Woodruff
her father → Israel Woodruff
his father → Isaac Woodruff, Sr
his father → Lydia Woodruff
his mother → Capt. Thomas Curtis
her father → Joseph Curtis, of Wethersfield
his father → Thomas Curtis, of Nazeing & Wethersfield
his father → Mary Curtis, of Nazeing
his mother → Magdalene Camp
her mother → Richard Hall
her father → Anna Sutton
his mother → Sir John Sutton, VII, Knight of Atherington, 1st Baron Dudley
her father → John de Sutton, VI, 1st Baron Dudley
his father → Constance de Hastings
his mother → Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala
her mother → D. Diego Gómez de Toledo, I señor de Casarrubios y Valdepusa
her father → Gómez Pérez de Toledo, II
his father → Teresa Vázquez de Acuña
his mother → Vasco Martins da Cunha, "o Seco", 5º senhor de Tábua
her father → Martim Vasques da Cunha, "o Velho", 4º senhor de Tábua
his father → Teresa Pires Portel
his mother → Pedro Pires de Portel
her father → D.Estevainha Soares de Paiva
his mother → Urraca Mendes de Bragança
her mother → Mendo Fernandes de Bragança
her father → Fernão Mendes de Bragança, o Velho
his father → Ardzrouri Artsruni
his mother → Kouschkousch Bagratuni
her mother → Katramide of Kartli, Queen of Armenia
her mother → King Gurgen I of Iberia-Kartli
her father → King Bagrat II of Iberia
his father → King Sumbat I of Iberia-Kartli
his father → King Adarnase I (IV) of Iberia
his father → Prince David I of Iberia
his father → Prince Bagrat I of Iberia
his father → Ashot I the Great, Prince of Iberia
his father → unnamed wife of Adarnase I of Tao-Klarjeti of the Nersianid dynasty
his mother → Nerse the Prince of Iberia
her father → Adarnase III Prince of Iberia
his father → unnamed wife of Nerse
his mother → Mirian of Kakheti, Georgian Prince of the Royal Chosroid Dynasty
her father → Prince Stephen of Kakheti in Georgia
his father → Adarnase II Prince of Iberia
his father → Stephen II Prince of Iberia
his father → Prince Adarnase I of Iberia Khosroid dynasty
his father → Bajur III, king of Iberia
his father → King Pharasmanes VI of Iberia - Khosroid dynasty
his father → Parent of Pharasmanes VI Khosroid dynasty
his father → Barcurius II King of Iberia
his father → Dachi King of Iberia
his father → Balendukht
his mother → Hormozd III r.457-459 Sassanian King (son of Yazdegerd II - fought against his father), King of Persia
her father → Yazdegerd II, King of Persia
his father → Bahrám V "of the Wild Ass", King of Persia
his father → Shoshandukt bat Mar Abba Abra
his mother → Mar Sutra
her mother → Musa "Rav Papa" bar Yosef, resh metivta al-Nehardea, 5th Gen Amora
her father → Yosef bar Yosef
his father → Yosef bar Khamma
his father → Khamma ben Nachum II, 5th Exilarch Huna I
his father → 2nd Exhilarch of Judah Nachum ben Achaya, 2nd Exilarch Nachum II
his father → Achaya bar Akkub bar Akkub, 1st Exilarch 2nd Dynasty
his father → Ya'akov ben Shlomo, Exilarch
his father → Shlomo ben Hunya, Exilarch Interregnum
his father → Hunya ben Nathan, Exilarch Interregnum
his father → Nathan (de Zuzita, Babylon) ben Shalom
his father → Shalom II ben Hizkiya, Exilarch Interregnum
his father → Hizkiya Rosh Golah of Judah ben Shehanya, 33rd Exilarch Hizkiya III
his father → Shechanya II ibn Da'ud, Exilarch
his father → Da'ud ben Shemaya, Exilarch
his father → Shemaya I ben Shlomo
his father → Shlomo III ben David Exilarch
his father → David ben Akkub
his father → Salma bat Hizkiya ibn Nearya
his mother → Hizkiyahu II ibn Nearya 21st Exilarch
her father → Neriyah, 18th Exilarch
his father → Bariah Ben Shemaya
his father → Semaya Ben Shechanya
his father → Shechanya Ben Ovadya
his father → Obaja Ben Amay (Aranan
his father → Arnan Ben Rafaya
his father → Refaya (e Ben Chananya
his father → Yeshaiah ben Hananya
his father → Hananya, 5th Exilarch
his father → Zerubbabel 3rd Exilarch / זרובבל
his father → Salathial ., 2nd Exilarch
his father → King Jechoniah, 18th King of Judah
his father → Jehoiakim Elyakim, 17th King of Judah
his father → Josiah, 15th King of Judah
his father → Amon ., 14th King of Judah
his father → Menasseh ., 13th King of Judah
his father → Hephzi-bah .
his mother → Isaiah The Prophet
her father → Amoz .
his father → Jehoaddan .
his mother → Jehosheba .
her mother → Jehoram, 5th King of Judah
her father → Jehosaphat, 4th King of Judah
his father → Asa ., 3rd King of Judah
his father → Abijah ., 2nd King of Judea Kingdom
his father → Maacha ., the Amonitess
his mother → Zephaniah .
her father → Tahath .
his father → Assir .
his father → Abiasaph .
his father → Korah .
his father → Izhar .
his father → Qaahat / Kohath / קהת
his father → Mekhaliah .
his mother → Aram .
her father → Kemuel .
his father → Nachor .
his father → Amethelo .
his mother → Cornebo .
her father → Serug .
his father → Ora Chaldees .
his mother → Ur .
her father → Kessed .
his father → Arpachshad King of Arrapachtis .
his father → Shem
his father → Naamah .
his mother → Enoch / Idris
her father → Baraka / Baltsa / Beltsea
his mother → Rachujal .
her mother → Enosh .
her father → Azura .
his mother → Adam of Eden
her fatherConsistency CheckShow short path | Share this path
Shortest in-law relationship
Adam of Eden is your 31st great aunt's husband's third cousin 23 times removed's husband's uncle's wife's 6th great grandfather.

Adam . MP
Hebrew: אדם, Arabic: آدم, Russian: Адам, первый человек, Portuguese: Adão, Spanish: Adan, Estonian: Adam
Birth: -3760
Garden of Eden
Death: -2830 (929-931)
Olaha (Shinehah) (Grzech)
Place of Burial: Cave of Machpelah, Hebron, Israel
Immediate Family:
Husband of Eve of Eden
Father of Seth .; Cain .; Azura .; Abel . and Awan .

Added by: Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on January 17, 2007
Managed by: Christopher Lee Empey and 298 others
Curated by: Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן

5/23/2021 at 7:49 PM

If Adam and Eve Actually Existed. There were already many ppl marrying their children. Thus, ppl on Earth was already here. I am just saying. I believe in the Bible, just not ALL of it. Adam was the First Man on Earth five thousand years ago? Skeletons in Africa of Early Man Dates longer than 5,000 years. My Step-Mother will heh surely Correct me if she sees this.

Private User
11/2/2021 at 2:52 AM

Adam of Eden is your 109th great grandfather.

Private User
11/2/2021 at 4:25 PM

Private User in that line of ancestors are many without any sources being added just "person x is son of x" also private profiles from 1500's, that is the problem, when some people there has made direct line just building it without sources.

That is not your fault though, that happens many times, to make Geni more trustful, sources must be added and make cuts when necessary. Also the line would be too short, only 109 generations would not be enough when going over 5000 years back in time.

"Generations since Adam - Because of this highly questionable medieval genealogy, many lineages take HUGE short-cuts of dozens of generations and come out with impossibly short lines. The correct number of generations since Adam is ABOUT 150. This is pretty easy to verify through multiple well-established lines, mostly those through King David. We can also accurately date quite a few later Biblical people, such as Zerubbabel and divide the years since then by the number of generations listed, and get a reasonable average age of about 25, for the father when his child was born."

https://www.geni.com/projects/Biblical-Tree/38 please all, take a look at this project and participate if you can.

We definitely need project, curator and scholar for that part of a the tree also.

Kind greeting to you all from North Pole - Saga

11/2/2021 at 11:17 PM

Thank you, Saga. Everyone needs to help us get rid of these bogus connections, they are an embarrassment, and gets in the way of real genealogy.

Private User
11/5/2021 at 9:26 PM

S is your 27th cousin once removed.

Hi Cousin S :)

Private User
11/5/2021 at 9:28 PM

Agree with Erica here, thats why we need to colalborate, so that we can get rid of bogus connections

Private User
11/5/2021 at 9:49 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_in_Islam#cite_note-tabari-9

according to wiki, adam (a.s) was :

" to live for about 1000 years, though this has been a topic of debate"

and

" 60 (27.4m/91.4ft) cubits tall"

hmmmmm so with that i think... it is best we split them trees to reach the reality of our contemporary world.

anything ancient we can put aside as it is beyond our understanding (like darwin's monkeys evolving into humans - dna matching- i read somewhere even banana trees have matching dna with us LOL), besides we have been scientifically informed that dinosaurs once roam the earth too... it is never discussed in religion as it not relevant to us, what is relevant to be humble and not offend others and their beliefs :)

here's bananas dna LOL

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/genetic/people-bananas-share...

Private User
10/19/2022 at 12:43 PM

Yes I too had king David of Israel in my tee now I can't find any connections and I have done it several times each leading right back to the king David

Showing 1-30 of 35 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion