Rev. Patrick Henry - Patrick Henry

Started by Private User on Monday, July 27, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
7/27/2020 at 1:06 PM

Could it be possible the dates and names for Patrick Henry are incorrect? According to Wikipedia, John Henry was married to Sarah Winston Syme. Not, Rev. Patrick Henry. Also according to Wiki, they would be this Patrick's parents, so that would make Sarah his mother instead of wife. Wiki has his DOB as May 29, 1736 in Studley, Virginia, British America and death as June 6, 1799 (aged 63)
Brookneal, Virginia, U.S. Now, the website also states that Patrick Henry was known as Patrick Henry JR as he went by the same name as his uncle who was also a Patrick Henry.

So which would be correct?

Unless this profile is the Patrick Henry that is the uncle. According to churchsp.org's history page, they list this Patrick Henry with a brother named John Henry. Rev. Patrick's wife is also listed as Sarah Shelton and not Sarah Winston Syme.

7/27/2020 at 8:44 PM

The only thing I know is that we are related to Patrick Henry’s (Statesman), sister, Ann(e), through her marriage to (?), so the dates concerned may be incorrect. I will log in and research, thanks....Cant remember what I posted awhile back. -Kurt.

Private User
7/28/2020 at 4:19 AM

Rev. Patrick Henry is my 9th great grandfather through his daughter Lucy.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion