Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 2551-2580 of 8088 posts
Private User
12/31/2020 at 5:18 PM

Job Waterreus - re: your last comment to me and Alex - I opted out of "Email me when Geni finds new matches for my tree" long ago. The rest is basically what I was saying.

I posted mainly because it seems many folks click "Request to Merge" and expect managers to know they have requested a merge, despite the fact that 1) Geni will only send a notification of one request per day - and 2) one has to be very knowledgeable to realize the notification was referring to a merge request.
Have alerted folks to the first before, wanted to alert them to the second.

Private User
12/31/2020 at 5:22 PM

Hello all and happy new year.

I have been advised by private message about some mix-ups in a family branch. I was able to fix some of it, but can't seem to untangle this one - can anyone help?

Wendy Ilva Saxon Le Cordeur Wendy Ilva Saxon Hart is correctly recorded as wife of Dennis Le Cordeur and mother of the two women, but she is not a partner of Peter Dionysus Hart, but his sister.

Toby Edward Hart is correctly linked to his father (Peter), but his mother was/is called Amanda.

So Toby is the half brother of Walter and Robert.

(I used to know how to fix these relationships, but lack of recent use plus having lost Adobe Flash and now using the html version is a bit discombobulating, sorry!)

TIA

Private User
12/31/2020 at 5:25 PM

I fully agree that there is no point in making 17th century profiles private. Today (or yesterday) every time I came across a request to make a profile public, I have made it public. Also I have added dates of death in all cases where I had that information. Any other problem cases you come across, please let me know and I will be happy to sort it out if I can.

12/31/2020 at 5:28 PM

Thank you David.

12/31/2020 at 5:55 PM

Want to wish everybody a happy New Year, I've had too much Champaign already tonight to do any more work here.. Tomorrow a new day, Oh no its a New Year.!! Hopefully we all can breath easier soon. Love everybody here this is an awesome site..

Linda

12/31/2020 at 6:27 PM

Happy new year 2021 everyone!

12/31/2020 at 8:43 PM

Private User plz check Wendy, I believe she is now correctly attached.

I cannot help you with Toby's mother but as one of the managers of his profile you should be able to add a profile from him for his mother.

Private User
12/31/2020 at 10:22 PM

Alex Moes - Ah, thanks very much for that. that looks correct now, and I have added Toby's mother.

1/1/2021 at 12:33 AM

Ok

1/1/2021 at 9:02 AM

Private User, thanks for clarifying

1/2/2021 at 4:49 AM

please undo a merge that I just performed for richard beresford. i did not review enough generations to catch my error, sorry.

Richard Beresford

1/2/2021 at 6:02 AM

Mikki Betker i reversed the merge, please check immediate family

1/2/2021 at 6:42 AM

Thanks Alex. I lost a little data on the 14th and 15th generation but i can easily re-input it. I just so happened to have run an ancestor report yesterday so it was easy to reconcile. Thanks again.

1/2/2021 at 8:37 AM

I now have 2 sets of parents when I tried to merge with the Hawkins family. How do I fix this without ruining others trees?

1/2/2021 at 8:48 AM

Sue Shotwell,

I found the issue and it was caused by a bad merge that you did. I have reversed that merge for you.

Kevin

1/2/2021 at 9:05 AM

Thank you thank you thank you! I did not want to ruin anyones hard work by trying to fix this myself.

1/2/2021 at 10:21 AM

Sue Shotwell,

You could not fix it yourself because only a curator can undo a merge and that's what was needed to be done.

Kevin

1/2/2021 at 5:51 PM

Please undo this merge for Mary O'Neil. I promise not to do any more merges when I am tired! Thank you.
Mary Jane O'Neil

1/2/2021 at 7:01 PM

Ok

1/2/2021 at 7:32 PM

Curators;

I have a few pending merges that I have requested that I am trying to clean up.

There involve public profiles in private trees with managers who have ignored my messages and/or appear to be inactive.

I only need one profile from each tree to be merged, then I should be able to complete the remaining merges myself, without curator assistance.

Please complete these merges:

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000043600853103?return=merge...

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000130896670976?return=merge...

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000002186159249?return=merge...

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000013512283243?return=merge...

I will clean up and resulting data or tree conflicts.

Thanks in advance,
Bernard

1/2/2021 at 8:24 PM

Thank you Carl Gustav Verbraeken.

1/3/2021 at 7:05 AM

I have asked for help before. 1. I am listed as my own sister. 2. Manager of my fathers account is someone Ive never heard of and is not related to him. 3. There is a lot of incorrect info on my family and I made changes and saved them but they are coming up the next time as the same old information.

1/3/2021 at 7:51 AM

Hi Aurora Chancy, I thought The manager of your father's profile might have been a DNA match and he was building out your tree to find the common ancestor, I seen that happen but he was not in your list of matches. But Erica Howton was She is another Curator here. Thought you might like to contact her directly, she can help you.

1/3/2021 at 8:38 AM

Linda Zimmerman, yes Ive corresponded with Erica in the past. The manager Im concerned about is a name I dont recognize. Thanks for the suggestion.

1/3/2021 at 10:12 AM

Aurora Chancy,

As far as I remember you should be able to add yourself to profiles in your family group by using the actions menu on those profiles, I think you should also be able to remove managers outside the family group (as long as you are a manager). As long as profiles are public other users can modify them, they do not have to be a manager for that. If you are a manager you can make profiles within your family group private when that is necessary. But first see if Erica can help you.

Private User
1/3/2021 at 11:07 AM

Aurora Chancy - For profiles in your Max Family, you do not have to be a Manager to delete Managers. Manager ot not, you can only delete a Manager if you are in the Profile's Max Family and the other person is not.

In Profile View, click on Actions, then choose Manager Options. You will see each Manager listed in a little box. If there is a little x in the box, you can click the x and they will be deleted as a manager. Each time I have done, they asked to confirm you want to delete - confirm, and that person no longer manages that profile.
If you delete the last manager, you will be added as Manager of the Profile automatically.

Re: #3 - Look at the Profile's Revision Tab. Does it show you made the change, and someone else changed it back, or ??
Next step depends on the answer to that.

Private User
1/3/2021 at 12:19 PM

And yet another duplicate tree created

Benjamin Isaac de Haan

Can we not get rid of these duplicate trees permanently?

1/3/2021 at 2:35 PM
1/3/2021 at 2:42 PM

Private User, No I don't think so.
It would be nice if other users would not merge the duplicates create by a GEDCOM import without being asked to do so by the importing user, because a merge will trigger the importer to continue importing that branch without intervention of the user who started the import.

Showing 2551-2580 of 8088 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion