William? Graham - Not Confident of Parent Connection

Started by Private on Friday, August 14, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts

I am not confident that this William Graham born circa 1648 in Canonbie and died 1751 in Bullpasture, Virginia was the son of John Graham, Earl of Kincardine who died in battle at the age of 15 in 1645 and have not found any credible records that connect the two as father and son. It is my understanding that John Graham, Earl of Kincardine was unmarried and died childless. I view this connection as an inaccurate attempt to connect this William Graham to James Graham 1st Marquess of Montrose and without credible evidence I would like to see the connection removed until supporting documentation is presented.

I can do that, And I'll take your message and post it on both profiles, for future reference.
Linda

Thank you. If I find evidence of his parents in my research I will post it. Finding his parents has been one of my family tree mysteries that I would love to solve.

I locked the relationships for John Graham, Lord Graham, which should hopefully prevent the connection from being re-added.

Tamas

I think you are correct. I still think there could be a Montrose connection because it was used as a middle name by the family in Virginia.

I agree there is no credible link between the Virginian Grahams and James Graham, Marquess Montrose. I am more interested in another Graham, James Graham (1650-1701) of NYC, who was the Speaker of the pre-revolutionary New York General Assembly (among other things). He has been linked to James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose. Does anyone have info about this American Graham's family tree?

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion