GEDCOM Created Documents - What can be done?

Started by Private User on Sunday, August 16, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
8/16/2020 at 8:18 PM

To the best of my knowledge, these Documents are basically useless.

For example, this one https://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000113933093876&...
The title is. Massachusetts, Marriage Records, 1840-1915 -- it has 38 Profiles Tagged to it.
It is tagged to more than 20 BIRTH events as well as maybe 9 Marriage Events.
And all it has for content is a large White Box, in which is printed: "Author: Ancestry.com
Publication Info: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc."

I would like to delete this one from two profiles. There is a little "x" next to each name that it is tagged to. Clicking that "x" gets a message asking for confirmation that you want to untag this profile. Click "OK" and the profile disappears from the list BUT when the screen is refreshed it is right back tagged to the document, it has not actually been removed.
This seems to be consistently the case with GEDCOM created "Documents. Even when it has been unmerged from the Document that brought it in, and even if the other profile was deleted after the unmerge.

Private User
8/16/2020 at 8:51 PM

I see the document I gave the link to above also has 4 "Comments" created by Geni. - so far down, I had actually missed them. Again, I do not find it useful. Does anyone?

The two profiles I want to untag from that already had an actual copy of the Marriage record downloaded and uploaded as a photo to the Timeline Event of their Marriage.

The manager of the profile that was merged in, bringing the GEDCOM Documents has been removed from the profile. Why must those documents remain?

8/29/2020 at 4:15 PM

Mike Stangel,

Could you answer these questions?

9/18/2020 at 2:38 PM

Private User which two profiles do you want to untag? I'll use those as my debugging subjects...

9/18/2020 at 2:46 PM

Mike Stangel im unanble to untag the picture from this profile Merfyn Frych ap Gwriad among others if you can fix this

9/18/2020 at 3:09 PM

Jason Scott Wills untagging profile photos is a separate issue from what Lois is talking about. If a master profile is locked you have to use curator options to unlock it before you can remove the picture. I've done that for you on Merfyn ap Gwriad.

Private User
9/18/2020 at 4:19 PM

Mike Stangel - sent you a PM with the links.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion