How to make someone else manager or preferably co-manager of her own and her blood lineage profiles

Started by Private User on Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 9 posts
Private User
8/19/2020 at 8:37 AM

I am husband to Eli Fritz's wife's 1st cousin, and created a portion of the related Fritz profiles now on Geni. The most recent include profiles of Gloria Sue Oren (Fritz) and her and her husband's immediate lines, for which she was the main source of info. She already had a scant profile on Geni, not a whole lot there, not sure exactly what we did but now I think down to just the one showing me as manager. I'd like for both of us to show as co-managers on all her and her husband's immediate lines (up to father on her side and something like 6 x great grandfather on his, pretty amazing!) The goal is that someone within the Fritz blood line become manager and point-person and i step back, but so far have no volunteers. I'd greatly appreciate someone walking me through how to do make Gloria co-manger of her and her husband's lines, or otherwise just to make it happen. Many thanks in advance for taking the time ...

8/19/2020 at 2:37 PM

You might get a quicker response by asking for help in https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411

Private User
8/19/2020 at 4:49 PM

Can't seem to "start a new discussion" there, but will continue to try. Maybe at the moment just overloaded. many thanks for the suggestion.

8/20/2020 at 2:30 AM

Just use reply

Private User
8/20/2020 at 10:06 AM

Many thanks. I've another post on the discussion board which is related to this post and bearing fruit. If my manager questions not resolved there, I'll proceed as you suggest. Again, many thanks ...

Private User
8/22/2020 at 5:18 PM

To add somebody as Manager of a Profile you Manage: go to the profile
Click Actions
Choose Manager Options
Click on Add Manager
then add them, choosing their name from drop down window
Think at end, click Save or Add Manager, whichever shows (it has been a while)
-- They will need to accept the request

Private User
8/23/2020 at 8:46 AM

Many thanks to you, Lois, knocked it out of the park! I've copied this into a word doc, goes right into my Geni "Save Forever" file ...

Private User
8/24/2020 at 11:10 AM

Got it. Again, thanks ...

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion