Edmée dite Aimée Lejeune - Possible Parentage of Edmee dite Aimee Lejeune.

Started by Jerry Paul on Sunday, September 20, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
9/20/2020 at 8:49 AM

I'm relatively new to this and I am not sure of my accuracy. I could use the help of a curator if possible.
In my tree on Ancestry, I have her mother listed as Jeanne Marie Kagigoniac Doucet. Her father in my tree is listed as "Itarey Henri / Henry / Henricus " Grand Chief of the Grand Council of the Mi'kmaq / Sachem Kjisaqmaw Maupeltuk of Mi'kmaq " Abnaki Membertou / Maupeltuk". BIRTH 1510 • Micmac Nation, Acadia, Nova Scotia, Canada, DEATH 18-SEP-1611 • Annapolis Royal, Annapolis, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Its a heck of a long handle, I know, but it was who I found.
His father is in my tree as, Chief Henri Membertou
1490–1560
BIRTH 1490 • Micmac Nation, Port Royal, Acadia, Nova Scotia, Canada
DEATH 1560 • Micmac Nation, Port Royal, Acadia, Nova Scotia, Canada
I am hoping someone could look into this and let me know if it is correct...
Chief Henri Membertou
1490–1560
BIRTH 1490 • Micmac Nation, Port Royal, Acadia, Nova Scotia, Canada
DEATH 1560 • Micmac Nation, Port Royal, Acadia, Nova Scotia, Canada

3/5/2021 at 7:41 PM

I have a similar challenge with connecting a couple of my grandmothers into the Mi'kmaq line to Membertou.

His age is impossible to determine so far. "In the Relations, written by the Jesuits, Marc Lescarbot argued that Membertou would have known the navigator Jacques Cartier and would have been “a hundred and ten or more” in 1610. The exaggeration by the author, who added in La Conversion des sauvages that the chief could “naturally live for over 50 more” years, was nevertheless partly right: Membertou was an old man."

You might like this article
http://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/membertou_1E.html

3/6/2021 at 8:55 AM

Thank you Joel Morin . I've actually read the article. He was definitely an interesting man.

Private User
3/10/2021 at 7:01 AM

I believe the parents of Edmee Lejeune are unknown. I think the only thing connected is that she had a sister, Catherine, who married François Savoie.

Private User
3/10/2021 at 7:12 AM

Mother's Haplogroup is U6a which is from the Iberian Peninsula (Spanish/Portuguese).

3/10/2021 at 9:00 AM

You agree that we should remove or replace the profile image, given the facts known to date?

Private User
3/10/2021 at 10:01 AM

Yeah, that makes sense.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion