• Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
9/20/2020 at 2:14 PM

They appear to be the same (both are nicknamed "the Good" or "le Bon" in French), etc.; but there are several inconsistencies involved with these duplicates. A lot of effort was put into the MP profile, but the daughter Agnes was left unmarried and childless:

Fulk II, Count of Anjou

Agnès d'Anjou

On the other hand, the duplicate profile is extremely well-connected to the World Tree by virtue of the fact that its daughter Agnes happens to be a well-developed MP:

Fulk II, Count of Anjou

Agnes d'Anjou

Furthermore, there is a major discrepancy regarding the parentage of the wives of the Fulk duplicates. The wife of the MP, Gerberge du Gâtinais, comtesse d'Anjou has for parents:

Geoffroi I, Count of Gâtinais

Aube d'Auvergne

Whereas the wife of the duplicate, Gerberge d'Anjou was the daughter of

Godehilde du Maine - (father unknown)

Also it seems fairly significant that the MP'd "Agnes" happens to be the only child listed for the duplicate Fulk. And that neither his parents or siblings are included in his profile.

9/21/2020 at 5:22 AM

You can use the Henry Project as a reliable source.

https://fasg.org/projects/henryproject/data/fulk0002.htm

No daughter Agnes in the published literature.

Private User
9/21/2020 at 6:15 AM

I had read many years ago that Fulk before leaving to become King of Jerusalem brokered his son, Geoffrey's marriage to Matilda, hence Geoffrey's son, Henry married Eleanor of Acquataine
Geoffrey Plantagenet, Count of Anjou
Count of Anjou
Geoffrey V, called the Handsome, the Fair or Plantagenet, was the Count of Anjou, Touraine and Maine by inheritance from 1129, and also Duke of Normandy by conquest from 1144. His marriage to the Empress Matilda, daughter and heiress of Henry I of England, which produced a son, Henry Curtmantle, who succeeded to the Englis…

Wikipedia icon
Wikipedia

Lived: Aug 24, 1113 - Sep 07, 1151 (age 38)
Spouse: Empress Matilda (m. 1128 - 1151)
Children: Henry II of England (Son) · Geoffrey, Count of Nantes (Son) · William FitzEmpress (Son)
Parents: Fulk, King of Jerusalem (Father) · Ermengarde, Countess of Maine (Mother)
Buried: Le Mans Cathedral
House: House of Plantagenet

Timeline
1128:

Geoffrey and Matilda's marriage took place in 1128.
1128:

Jean de Marmentier, a late-12th-century chronicler, reported that in 1128 Henry I of England knighted his son-in-law Geoffrey and granted him a badge of gold lions.
1128:

Consent was obtained from both parties, and on 10 June 1128 the fifteen-year-old Geoffrey was knighted in Rouen by King Henry, in preparation for the wedding.
1135:

When his father in law, King Henry I of England died in 1135, Geoffrey supported Matilda in entering Normandy to claim her rightful inheritance.
1141:

A legatine council of the English church held at Winchester in April 1141 declared Stephen deposed and proclaimed Matilda "Lady of the English".
1149:

Geoffrey held the duchy until 1149, when he and Matilda conjointly ceded it to their son, Henry, which cession was formally ratified by King Louis VII of France the following year.

9/21/2020 at 5:43 PM

The Henry Project is Stewart Baldwin's work, almost unaided. He's a math prof.

He hosted it at his own expense for a long time. It only moved to the ASG site a few months ago. So broken links everywhere.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion