Skipper family confusion

Started by Susanne Floyd - on and off the grid on Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

12/1/2020 at 8:40 PM

I have circled back and worked on some Skipper lines the past day or so and tangled and untangled John B. Skipper and Rev. John Burdett Skipper. Two totally different people who really need to get sorted and MPd to straighten out trees on other platforms. The death certificate of the Rev. states that John B. Skipper Sr. is his father. The 1850 Horry County, SC Census does have a John B. Skipper as a 13 year old male in the household of David A. Skipper, placing his birthdate at circa 1837.

However, the listed father of John B. Skipper is not matching the census data birth date with a Find a Grave birth date. His tombstone says he was born in 1859, but states 1860. What happened to 1837? I wonder if anyone else in the family thinks there could be a "missed" generation? I am getting nowhere with census data on the 1860 John Skipper. There is a wikitree out there for John B. Skipper and I adopted some orphan profiles to see if I can work on them, but I don't think it is any more correct that the Family Search tree I found that had the Reverend as the same person. Any help would be appreciated.

Profiles with data that I have noted information and/or conflicts:

David Alfred Skipper

Edith Skipper

John B. Skipper

Susan Abigail (Dean) Skipper

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion