John Winans - Several issues with family

Started by Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", GEDMATCH GQ346442C1 on Monday, December 14, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts

SmartCopyConsistency Check:
Samuel Winans has pending data conflicts.
Conrad Winans has pending data conflicts.
William Winans has pending data conflicts.
Susannah Brant has pending data conflicts.
Isaac Winans has pending data conflicts.
Lewis Winans has pending data conflicts.
Elizabeth Winans has pending data conflicts.
Winans has pending data conflicts.
Frances Winans has pending data conflicts.
Jan John Winans, III has pending data conflicts.
Susannah 'Sanna' Winans died before her marriage date.
John Winans born after the death of his mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
Susanna Winans born after the death of her mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
Samuel Winans born after the death of his mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
Elizabeth Lyon born after the death of her mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
John Winans born after the death of his mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
Joanna Winans born after the death of her mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
Conrad Winans born after the death of his mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
Jacob Winans born after the death of his mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
Isaac Winans born after the death of his mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans
.William Winans born after the death of his mother Susannah 'Sanna' Winans.
John Winans is under 12 years old for the birth of his child Elizabeth Hatfield.
Elizabeth Hatfield born before the birth of her mother Remember Winans.
Frances Winans is under 12 years old for the birth of her child Jonathan Winans.

John Winans had a birth date after his parent's (Susannah 'Sanna' Winans) death date.
Tip: Correct the birth date of John Winans (born October 03, 1673) or check the death date of Susannah 'Sanna' Winans (died 1643).

Too young parent (1)
John Winans had 1 child between the ages of 3 and 15 years old.
Tip: Correct the birth date of John Winans (born October 03, 1673) or the following child:

Private User
12/23/2020 at 3:42 PM

Hi Keri! I've been looking over these some of these Elizabeth Town NJ branches, with the help of [https://www.google.com/books/edition/Inscriptions_on_Tombstones_and... Inscriptions on Tombstones and Monuments in the Burying Grounds of the First Presbyterian Church and St. Johns Church at Elizabeth, New Jersey 1664-1892 by William Ogden Wheeler, Edmund Drake Halsey c.1892 (p.161)] , etc..

John and Remember (Baldwin) Winan's son, Isaac, is my uncle by marriage to Hannah, daughter of Joseph Williams, Sr. and wife, Mary (Kent?). In my Williams research, I ran across these problems with the Winans branches, which are very mixed up at this point.

Today I identified and merged Hannah's duplicates. Hannah and her husband, Isaac, both died very young, in their twenties, leaving their minor daughter, Remember (namesake of Remember Baldwin), orphaned.

What I'm seeing here is that this particular John Winans who definitely was married to Remember Baldwin -- apparently has too many 'extra' wives.

And other than Remember Baldwin, there is no proof of marriage to him. He and wife, Remember are buried side-by-side in the Presbyterian Churchyard in Elizabeth, NJ. The dates given in the book of tomb inscriptions match what is here on their Geni profiles. And both are right next to Isaac and Hannah (Williams) Winans.

The two Moore sisters, Elizabeth and Frances -- both lived and died in Middlesex Co. There is a Thomas Moore of Elizabeth Town NJ, but his will only mentions one daughter, Rebecca (and there is no photo or any other record of his tombstone, that I'm aware of). There are no known Elizabeth or Frances Winans buried in Elizabeth who would match as a wife for this John Winans.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/216269896/thomas-moore

Being from Middlesex Co., perhaps they are related to this colonist, who btw does have a visible tombstone yet apparently is not represented here with a Geni profile:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/16994206/mathew-moore

And as for Anna Robertson, the only documented Robertson presence in Elizabeth burial grounds -- are dated 19th century.

So I don't see anything to suggest where these three other 'wives' came from. And I have a feeling that clearing up these undocumented marriages will go a long way toward solving many of these inconsistencies.

John Winans had a birth date after his parent's (Susannah 'Sanna' Winans) death date.
Tip: Correct the birth date of John Winans (born October 03, 1673) or check the death date of Susannah 'Sanna' Winans (died 1643).

Too young parent (1)
John Winans had 1 child between the ages of 3 and 15 years old.
Tip: Correct the birth date of John Winans (born October 03, 1673) or the following child:
Elizabeth Hatfield

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion