Alexander "The Immigrant" Magruder, Jr - Established paternity of his later sister-wives, Sarah and Elizabeth.

Started by Private User on Friday, December 18, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
12/18/2020 at 2:11 PM

"Alexander MacGruder...married secondly Sarah Magruder Sarah Hawkins, and thirdly, Elizabeth Magruder Elizabeth Hawkins.

"His son, Col. Samuel Magruder Samuel MacGruder I, born 1654 in Prince George County, married Sarah Magruder Sarah Beall, daughter of Colonel Ninian Beall Colonel Ninian Beall, and they became the ancestors of the numerous and prominent MacGruders of Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Mississippi, and elsewhere.

"Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Washington, D.C. Vol. 42/43", [The 36th separately bound book] (1940/1941), pp. 161-167 (8 pages) Published by: Historical Society of Washington, D.C. [page 7 of the JSTOR entry, freely available to read online]

https://www.jstor.org/stable/40067577?read-now=1&refreqid=excel...

This is verification that both Sarah and Elizabeth, 2nd and 3rd wives of the MacGruder immigrant who settled in Maryland -- were born Hawkins. I think these facts ought to be included on their Geni profiles.

Elizabeth's mother, Hester Hawkins was married to Capt. John Hawkins and I think it is reasonable to assume that wife Sarah was her sister, especially in light of the fact that no other parentage has been suggested for her. Yet these obvious connections have not been made for them here.

Private User
12/18/2020 at 2:28 PM

Sarah Magruder's profile was updated by Allison Pogue. birth surname Jan 2, 2018 at 8:04 PM · view

Sarah Magruder

That is when and how she was incorrectly identified as some anonymous, undocumented "Mills".

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion