David Avraham ben Hazub, Exilarch 'Rab David II', haSofer b'Pumbeditha - NB to Researchers: yDNA Conflict

Started by Private User on Thursday, March 11, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
Private User
3/11/2021 at 10:58 AM

To Whomever This May Concern:
Please note that there are two descending lines from David Avraham ben Hazub: 1) Yehuda "Zakai" ben David, 29th Exilarch 'Judah II' (leading to the Shaltiel line) and 2) 'Nathan HaBabli' ben Abu Ishaq Avraham Nasi, 2nd. Exilarca Mar Uqba HaRofeh, Qadi al-Qayraw ben Abu Ishaq Avraham, Exilarch 'Mar Uqba HaRofeh', Qadi al-Qayrawānī (leading to the Yahia and Charlap lines). Line 1 is showing a yDNA signature in the J macrogroup Moshe Abraham Shaltiel (J-M267). Line 2 is showing a yDNA signature in the R macrogroup: Private User. This situation impllies at least one NPE (non paternity event) somewhere in one of these lines. I cannot determine where based on the GENI tree info. One way, perhaps the only way. to verify the correct signature would be to test additional branches of both lines, so if you are a descendant of one of these un-tested lines and have not been yDNA tested, please help us by doing the Y37 test at FTDNA and then uploading your result to the GENI tree (or if you have already tested then please upload your result).
Thanks

Private User
3/12/2021 at 3:48 AM

Adam,
I'm so sorry but genetic tests did not reveal King David's descendants unique Y-DNA signature. Each families Shaltiel, Dayan, Benveniste, Charlap have their own male progenitors in the root.

Private User
3/12/2021 at 8:54 AM

Hello Andrew, No worries. It has been a wonderful experience nevertheless. Can you please post the the URLS for the end persons in the Dayan and Benveniste lines? I am not familiar with how these two lines are also connected to the root. Thanks and Congratulations on a Job Well Done!

Private User
3/12/2021 at 10:22 AM

PS: I found the root of the Dayan line: Josiah al-Hasan ben Zakkai, who is the brother of the David Avraham ben Hazub mentioned in yesterday's first post. According to what I can understand, the Dayan hg is R1a1a-M198 (via: Eliyahu אליהו Halevi Dayan). One can already conclude that the Dayan's R1a1a designation is not near enough to the Charlap's R1b1a designation to confirm a common Davidic ancestor. I am still looking for the Benveniste root.

Private User
3/13/2021 at 11:06 PM

Hi Adam,
The end person you found is of HaLevy family. Y-DNA results also confirmed that. This Israeli family was originally Kitaygorodsky from Ukraine. Someone dropped out this fact from the articles in English and joined the profiles to the Dayans of Aleppo...
I'm in contact with real Dayans and even took part in their DNA testing. They are indeed all R-M198 but from other subclade:

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Sephardic_heritage/default.asp...

Private User
3/14/2021 at 10:09 AM

Thanks Andrew. One more line which a legendary descent from the David-Exilarch root is the Abravanel family (Don Isaac Abarbanel). I am not aware of any descendants (confirmed or speculated, yDNA tested or not) from the Don Isaac tree. If there are any please let me know.

3/14/2021 at 10:28 AM

Private User
As far as I know, I am a descendant of Don Yitzhak Abarbanel, but I have no idea how, and whether it is through my grandmother or grandfather,
If there is a list of offspring, I may be able to find out how I am his offspring

3/14/2021 at 10:33 AM

I forgot to mention that it's through my dad's side, but I do not know which of his parents were the descendants, and how

Private User
3/14/2021 at 10:33 AM

Was able to locate a Benveniste tree with roots in the David-Exilarch tree: Yosef "Cidellus" ibn Ferruzi'el, Nasi of Toledo, Vizier, Lt of El Cid. I am not able to confirm whether there are any current patriline descendants of this Benveniste tree.

3/14/2021 at 10:43 AM

Private User
Here too I may have information: According to the father of a cousin (5) I found,
my g.grandfather(5):
rabbi Yaakov Azriel (zelig) Raychert
was descendant Of families:Benvenisti, karo and vital
According to her father, the family was one of the deportees from Spain who moved to Bavaria, in the village of Reichert, and changed their last name to Reichert.

Private User
3/14/2021 at 10:53 AM

Thanks Haim. I will add your info to the file.

Private User
8/28/2021 at 4:22 PM

David Avraham ben Hazub, Exilarch 'Rab David II', haSofer b'Pumbeditha is your 16th cousin 41 times removed.

8/28/2021 at 5:04 PM

Don Isaac Abarbanel is your second cousin 15 times removed's husband's brother's wife's first cousin once removed.

Shortest blood relationship
Don Isaac Abarbanel is your 8th cousin 14 times removed.

Private User
8/28/2021 at 5:25 PM

Shortest in-law relationship:

Don Isaac Abarbanel is your fourth cousin 17 times removed's wife's first cousin once removed.

Shortest blood relationship:

Don Isaac Abarbanel is your 9th cousin 15 times removed.

Private User
8/28/2021 at 5:26 PM

Antonio Silveira Marques is your 19th cousin thrice removed.

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion