Agnes "Sookie" Daugherty (McDaniel) - Curator, please put "Sookie" in middle name field or DISPLAY NAME field...

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder on Sunday, March 14, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts

Thank you

The format is creating an INCONSISTENCY.

She is showing in my DNA matches/suggestions as a third great auntie. Thank you

sorry--- relationship suggestion varies from match to match... MOST recent one suggests 4th great-grandmother but the tree I was given says sister of 4th great grandmother.

3/14/2021 at 4:44 PM

Agnes is my 5th great grandmother and we match on gedmatch with TN491427c1 and WF7265641. Do I need to edit just her name?

3/14/2021 at 4:51 PM

I am unable to make any changes to the profile. I have SuGi as one of the many names she went by during her lifetime, and that she. went by different names as a child, young adult, and older person. Don't know how to move Sookie to middle name position

Janice Witt, it is a "CHEROKEE" problem.

And the profiles are locked.

A curator is required to fix her name... DNA will help with confirming the relationships :)

US7857087 (Cynthia Hicks Curtis) [23andMe]

Janice Witt, you are a FULL match to my maternal uncle.
Comparing Kit M915741 (Jmason Emerson) [Migration - V4 - M] and Kit WF7265641 (*Jan Witt) [23andMe]

Segment threshold size will be adjusted dynamically between 200 and 400 SNPs
Minimum segment cM to be included in total = 7.0 cM
Mismatch-bunching Limit will be adjusted dynamically to 60 percent of the segment threshold size for any given segment.

Chr B37 Start Pos'n B37 End Pos'n Centimorgans (cM) SNPs
5 134,756,056 144,474,779 9.2 265

Largest segment = 9.2 cM

Total Half-Match segments (HIR) 9.2cM (0.257 Pct)
Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 6.1

Please find him in your matches at 23&me and send a request to connect! :D

Susannah Emerson is my 4th great grandmother. PPublic trees have her as daughter of "Trader" unknown McDaniel and Sookie (Su-Gi) "Granny Hopper" McDaniel . I disconnected her in my own trees and she keeps coming back with matches from others claiming the same line.
Time will tell. May be a generation further back and for now I just work on it when the DNA matches become overwhelming. Yesterday the reason was a new Theory of Relativity with a Strickland cousin

When I do a Match Both Kits, I get as top match a profile that is a 6th cousin here... He and I share
Susannah Terrell and her husband but he and I share closer than our Geni trek meaning is an unknown or someon NOT in the Geni tree or someone disconnected. Fun times lol

3/15/2021 at 2:10 PM

Name updated.

3/15/2021 at 8:08 PM

My 2x great grandmother, Pernetta Cornelia Ginn McVey spoke about her Granny Hopper and family lore is that Agnes was part Native American. She told a story about her great 1/2 aunt Tamar Tyner being kidnapped by Creek raid on her family (Richard Tyner and his first wife). Have been trying to find the line that can confirm parentage of Agnes McDaniel Dougherty Tyner for some time.

3/15/2021 at 8:15 PM

My line is: Agnes McDaniel Daugherty Tyner, Richard Tyner: Daughter: Elizabeth Lyles Tyner Boatright: Daughter: Elizabeth Boatright Ginn, Daughter: Pernetta Cornelia Ginn McVey: Daughter: Louellen Jane McVey Fry, son; James Robert Fry:son, Ruell Isaac Fry...my mother, and me....Richard Tyner's will includes his first wife's children : Tamar Tyner, and my ancestor Elizabeth Tyner Boatright.

Thank you, Erica Howton.
Janice Witt, I wish I knew family stories... I grew up away from relatives and Susannah is listed in the Hicks work that says she is Granny Hopper's daughter. I only heard of the book from others online searching for "Old Hop" and I had him in my inherited tree. My uncle Mason who you match with over 7cM is the one who shared that genealogy with me. It was given to the Emerson family at an earlier family reunion and I do not know the original research but I have looked for info on her for decades... I think DNA is our only hope for many and the fact that we match makes it even more important to understand how we match those with CONFIRMED genealogies.

Your trek has two males back to back so you won't be able to use the X.
Mine goes me, mom Melba, her dad John, his dad A.B., etc, so no X here either lol

3/16/2021 at 9:42 PM

Hoping our DNA and trees can reveal her parentage. Family genealogists all have stories of Pernetta "Nettie"'s stories. Interested in the Hicks work on this line, as I have not had the priviledge of reading it.

Janice Witt, Hicks's has been disputed.

3/17/2021 at 3:21 PM

Unfortunate. Trying to make sense of the DNA connections and common trees

3/17/2021 at 3:24 PM

I am still baffled as to how to get GENI to show my relationships with line other than my Boatright, Tyner, Harris line. No matter who I choose, the connection is always through my mother and maternal grandfather's line....even when person is in my father's direct line...

6/23/2021 at 8:00 PM

I'm confused why her maiden name is listed as McDaniel and her About section says she's 'probably' a McDaniel by birth and a Daughtery by marriage, but the parents she's connected to are Daughterys even though there is nothing in her About section documenting her as their daughter.

If her parentage can't be documented, it would be best to disconnect them rather than to give false pathways through the Daughtery parents. If they are actually her parents, the maiden name McDaniel needs to be corrected.

Debbie Gambrell someone must have fiddled with her.
I finally disconnected her from Granny Hopper enough times at FamilySearch that she stayed disconnected and is now replaced by a Susannah McDaniel that has a husband named Dougherty.
People get ridiculous with these NA lines. Likely why I do NOT go looking for NA lines... I just look for ancestral grandparents.

The About absolutely needs cleaned up and locked.

Oh, you mean Agnes.
The FS profile for my 4th great grandmother https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/JXFH-47W Susannah Emerson
dead ends but someone added a daughter Susannah McDaniel Dougherty https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/GHR4-M4B to Granny Hopper.

With a source: Upon Our Ruins: a Study in Cherokee History and Genealogy
Citation
Shadburn, Don L. with John D. Strange, III. Upon Our Ruins, a Study in Cherokee History and Genealogy. The Cottonpatch Press, Cumming Georgia, 2011.
Notes
Personal, familial, and historical informatio

6/24/2021 at 1:00 PM

Three “Agnes Dougherty” mixup.

If I got it right:

Agnes “Sookie” Dougherty Married 1) Unknown Dougherty 2) Richard “Black Maw” Tyner, Sr.

Not the same as the possible daughter of Granny Hopper, Susannah “Sookie” Dougherty who married James Dougherty, Sr.

No reason to think either of them are the same as Agnes Daugherty although FindAGrave names her the same.

(Nightmare)

Thank you so much, Erica Howton!

Comparing Kit US7857087 (Cynthia Hicks Curtis) [23andMe] and Kit WF7265641 (*Jan Witt) [23andMe]

Minimum segment cM to be included in total = 5.0 cM
Mismatch-bunching Limit will be adjusted dynamically to 60 percent of the segment threshold size for any given segment.

9 25,754,450 28,355,231 5.3 561
18 60,876,016 63,951,310 5.4 537

Largest segment = 5.4 cM

Total Half-Match segments (HIR) 10.7cM (0.299 Pct)
Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 7.2

Janice Witt please look for him at 23&me!
This is a full match and 23&me may have some tools. I don't know why I didn't check you before.

Comparing Kit M915741 (Jmason Emerson) [Migration - V4 - M] and Kit WF7265641 (*Jan Witt) [23andMe]

Minimum segment cM to be included in total = 7.0 cM

5 134,756,056 144,474,779 9.2 265

Largest segment = 9.2 cM

Total Half-Match segments (HIR) 9.2cM (0.257 Pct)
Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 6.1

6/24/2021 at 2:44 PM

I went to 23andme and tried Emerson in DNA relatives, but my three results were three females. Two with Landers last name and one with Bennett. The Landers were on Dad's side, so not connected to my Agnes Su Gi McDaniel Dougherty Tyner....I tried Mom's account and didn't get a JMason Emerson either. I think 23andme removes some as new people get tested and limits number in account. I could try running Mom's kit with his. She is JMFC LH5069043

Janice Witt I couldn't find you in his either. I have trouble finding folks by name.
He has since passed away so I try to check it but I upgraded my own account to be able to use the new tools and so I spend more time there and it is easier to do name searches. I checked your Wikitree and he and I are both showing further out to you which is of course the issue when an unknown or especially a NA or AA unknown is the MRCA/the ancestor contributing the shared DNA.
Keep me in mind please and do PM me anytime. I will reply.

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion