April Is for "About" Cleanup - 2021 Edition!

Started by Private User on Monday, March 22, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
Private User
3/22/2021 at 4:46 PM

In 2011, we had a big drive to clean out the "About" Cleanup project by tidying and removing as many profiles as possible. It was a huge success, and we all had a lot of fun working together as a team, reading great bios, and learning from each other's formatting and citation styles.

Back then, we used to try to keep the total number of profiles in the project under 100. As of me writing this, we currently have 876 project profiles, meaning we have waaaay more profiles being added to this project than removed from it.

If we're diligent and work together as a team, I think it's totally reasonable that we can get the queue down to 500 by the end of April, maybe even lower. With 59 collaborators on this project -- let's assume 25 actively using Geni -- we'd each need to do about 15 profiles during April in order to hit that goal. I think that's reasonable, especially if we recruit more help (new project collaborators!).

What do we say, friends? Should this be our April goal? Can we get excited for this? April starts in 9 days (in my hemisphere), so let's start practicing your "About" skills and revving our engines now! :)

Private User
3/22/2021 at 5:03 PM

I'm in!

This one looks like it should be deleted - F(8) About Me: Oppose

Private User
3/22/2021 at 5:51 PM

I remember the history of that profile and will delete it. Thanks!

Well, at least that's one profile down. :)

I have done the few Aussies that were in there.

Private User
3/23/2021 at 4:42 AM

I will help where I can.

Judi

3/26/2021 at 4:06 PM

Will help where can Judi

Private User
4/1/2021 at 11:41 PM

Maj. Gen. Benedict Arnold, V

So I've been away from Geni for a long long time and am gingerly sticking my toes back in the water... was looking for a profile that has been needing help for awhile and I found dear Benedict. It looks to me as though Erica Howton is the last one to have worked here, and it's as clean as a whistle. Can this one be removed from the Project?

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion