Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - RIP Phillip of Greece

Started by Kaylene Russell on Friday, April 9, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by Joel Rouse of the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence; retouched by Wikipedia user nagualdesign. Licensed under the United Kingdom Open Government Licence v3.0 (OGL v.3). Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Queen_Elizabeth_II_in_March_2015.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 44 posts
4/9/2021 at 2:54 PM

Arohamai to family and friends from New Zealand Aotearoa.
RIP Prince Phillip, Queen Elizabeth's "Strength and Stay".

4/9/2021 at 2:56 PM

Farewell my 15h cousin.

Private User
4/9/2021 at 3:05 PM

Prince Philip, 15th cousin twice removed, and fifth cousin twice removed's ex-husband's second cousin. Have a good time into your next life in heaven.

RIP
@Helyas 'The Swan Knight' von Potenburg,

4/9/2021 at 6:25 PM

Thankyou Prince Phillip for you service to the World and Commenwealth, you will be dearly missed - from your 16th Cousins.

Private User
4/9/2021 at 6:59 PM

What a Dedicated man he was , so selfless
i feel very sad that he is gone.Times are changing.before our very eyes, we witness History.

4/9/2021 at 11:47 PM

RIP Prince Philip my 13 cousin

4/10/2021 at 12:18 AM

Farewell to my 19th cousin twice removed. You will be sadly missed.

4/10/2021 at 1:25 AM

12 c RIP

4/10/2021 at 1:59 AM

Deepest sympathies going out to anothe 15th Cousin (also) Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom

4/10/2021 at 4:51 AM

RIP Prince Philip my 11 cousin.

Farewell- cousin in law Prince Philip

4/10/2021 at 6:18 AM

I was in a doctor's office yesterday in my home state of South Carolina when a sweet elderly couple (probably in their eighties) told several of us as we came in that Prince Philip had died. It was obvious that they were upset that though they were American and he the consort of the Queen, as they saw it, it was the passing of another of "The Greatest Generation."

Prince Philip was so much more than the husband of the Queen and they knew it. As this sweet couple was called to the back, he stood up with his walker and offered his hand to his wife to help pull her up from the chair in one of the most touching moments I have ever seen. I will always have this scene in my mind as a memorial for Philip and his devotion to Elizabeth and his adopted country.

4/10/2021 at 1:59 PM

He was Prince of three countries, and became the "Royal Anchor of World Peace" !

Private User
4/10/2021 at 6:50 PM

God rest his soul !He was a great man. My sincere condolences to Queen Elizabeth II and the Royal Family
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is your 12th cousin five times removed :(

4/11/2021 at 1:17 AM

Farewell to my second cousin twice removed's husband's third cousin once removed's husband's niece's husband!

Private User
4/11/2021 at 2:29 AM

Dear Madam,
her majesty Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom (14th cousin once removed) Deepest sympathies to you and the Royal Family.

Kingdom of Heaven - Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - first cousin twice removed's wife's aunt's husband's first cousin twice removed.
13th cousin twice removed. R.I.P

Sincerely
Sabine Lida Schulte

Private User
4/11/2021 at 4:57 PM

Rest in Peace Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh you will be missed.

17th cousin...

Deepest condolences for Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom , who is my 11th cousin thrice removed.. and the entire family..

Private User
4/11/2021 at 6:06 PM

@Jaime Ross RIP Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is my 16th cousin once removed.

4/11/2021 at 8:33 PM

A remarkable, most admirable gentleman. Brings me to tears at their loss after 72 years.
Salute Duke of Edinburgh and God Save the Queen!

(15th cousin however we did move in entirely different circles)

4/11/2021 at 10:52 PM

My wife's related through different paths, shortest paths are via Bowes-Lyon and Spencer trees but equally the same number of people coincidentally., 14 yet only about 6 are the same in both paths and they are in her direct ancestors.
It is indeed a small world. Rest in Peace Duke.

4/12/2021 at 2:08 AM

Dont forget the four Adult Children who are also Cousins

4/12/2021 at 2:30 AM

R.I.P. Prince Philip.

My 13th cousin once removed's husband's second cousin.

My deepest condolences for Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom, my 14th cousin.

Wenke ( Norway )

4/12/2021 at 7:37 AM

My sincerest condolences to my 25 cousin (twice removed) Queen Elizabeth II, for the loss of your beloved husband and lifelong confidante - Prince Philip - Duke of Edinburgh...our thoughts and heartfelt prayers are always with you! May God grant him peace in his eternal presence!

Private User
4/14/2021 at 9:16 AM

RIP, my 14th cousin.
My deepest condolences to HM the Queen, also my 14th cousin.
What a remarkable personality and what a remarkable life!

4/14/2021 at 11:38 AM

Condolences and prayers to family and friends of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (15th cousin). My thoughts are with Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (13th cousin) and close family. Heaven gained a remarkable soul, the world lost a wonderful man!

4/14/2021 at 6:27 PM

It is with great sorrow that members of the royal family and countless others now mourn the death of Prince Philip. They have lost a most dear and valuable relation, but it is the will of God that these mortal Bodies be laid Aside. Existing here on Earth is Scarce to be called life.

4/15/2021 at 6:59 PM

17th cousin, 3x removed. ... R.I.P., Prince Phillip.

4/15/2021 at 7:27 PM

Both Philip and Elizabeth have lived long and remarkable lives.

If you find a blood relationship to one of them, you may try digging a little deeper. You are almost certainly related to both. You also may find blood relationships to each of their parents, all of their grandparents, and so on. Trying to calculate all of the relationships becomes impossible after just a few generations.

And - you probably have similar relationships to most people of European ancestry, even though you may not find those connections on Geni or in other surviving records.

4/15/2021 at 7:39 PM

@Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - RIP Philip of Greece
19th cousin, (1x removed)

Rest in Heavenly Peace cousin You are loved and appreciated by so many of us from many countries. You will be missed and remembered for all time. My deepest and sincerest condolences to the Royal Family. Her Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen of United Kingdom, her loss cannot be expressed in words.

Showing 1-30 of 44 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion