Started by Private User on Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
4/20/2021 at 11:25 AM

As of this date, R' J Eibeschutz has 8 living yDNA descendants listed in GENI, the most recent born in 1986. yDNA testing of one or more of these descendants would be a valuable addition to this family tree's knowledge base. If a person reading this is qualified to make the test and is willing to do so, please reply to this discussion.

4/20/2021 at 2:55 PM

Hello Adam, R' J Eibeschutz is my 7th great grandfather, the lineage is as follows;

Me→ Ben Friedman
my father→ Dr Abraham Avi Friedman
his father father → Haim Friedman
his father → Abram Frydman
his father → Szmul Samuel Lejb Frydman
his father → Rywa Frydman
his mother → Yechiel Michel Ejbuszyc
her father → Jakob Eibeschuetz
his father → Rabbi Yechiel Michael Eibeschuetz
his father → Rabbi Jonathan Eibeschütz

I would be interested in finding out more about his living descendants

4/20/2021 at 2:56 PM

**his father → Haim Friedman

Private User
4/20/2021 at 8:47 PM

Hello Ben,

From the little I know, R' Yonatan Eibeschutz seems to be one of the luminaries of a particularly fascinating period of Rabbinical history. His ascending lineage seems somewhat unknown (as far as I am aware) and so it would be worthwhile I think to try to connect his line to some other rabbinical lineages, which can be done using yDNA. As you may know, the thing about yDNA is that it flows only from father to son, which means that any interruption of that sequence means the original yDNA signal is lost. Looking at your tree, while you are certainly a 7x ggs of R' Eibeschutz, your yDNA is that of the Frydman line so would not help in the search for his connection to other rabbinical lines.

I will explain how you can find out more about the living descendants: first go to the DNA tab on his profile, then under YDNA select 'View a List of Living People...'. This will bring you to the list of 10 possible yDNA descendants alive today. From here you have to click on 'View Tree' to see how each person connects to the line. If you want to try to contact anyone you can use 'Contact Profile Manager' next to the name.

Genealogical research is very much a percentage game. A good percentage of leads go nowhere, but every once in a while something interesting turns up.

Good luck and please keep me posted if you happen to locate a potential ydna provider. In certain situations it is possible to get some funding for the labwork.

Be Well,
Adam

4/23/2021 at 4:27 PM

I agree about the difficulty in finding yDNA Patrilinial Lines, I am the only son of an only son (my father Avi Friedman). His father (my grandfather) Chaim Friedman 1918-2003 was the sole holocaust survivor of his immediate family of 20 people (he did have 3 brothers whom one of them had a son). I have been interested in searching how far my family name goes back. I stoop at my 3rd great grandfather Icek Frydman 1803-1855.

About seeing how far Jonathan Eibeschütz's lineage goes. I did find pedigree going back to my 32nd great grandfather!

If you want we can zoom sometime with my mother also who is the master genealogist of the family and I can show you the research I've done on ancestry.

My personal email is ben.friedman263@gmail.com

Hope all is well, Ben

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion