Agnes (Clarke) Stone - Can anyone help?

Started by Erica Howton on Friday, July 9, 2021
Showing all 14 posts

I don’t have time to work on this today. Help.
nagers of Agnes Stone (Clarke),

I am contacting you about this profile: Agnes Stone

There are several same named children that need merged or disconnected-- TRwo Davids, two Johns, two Richards. All born 1500's and dates not similar enough to think is obvious.
Thank you

Sincerely,

Cynthia Hicks Curtis A183502, US7875087, combined TN491427C1

Agnes (Clarke) Stone

privacy_tip

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 - I don’t actually see dups.

Confused.

We aren’t supposed to merge folks from the 1500’s

Duplicates as noted. Children here:
Family:
Mother of Richard Stone; John Stone; David Stone; John Stone, of Great Bromley in Essex; David Timothy Stone; Henry Stone, of Great Bromley in Essex and Richard Stone, Sr., of Great Bromley in Essex « less

David and David
John and Hohn
Richard and Richard

I thought to merge but dates are not the same and they are medieval period.
I thought to start a Discussion but wanted to bring attention to the curator and manager instead but this works too

Thank you for looking

Can someone stack the duplicates please?

Erica Howton stacking is NOT always an option-- often it is either merge or don't.

David Stone, of Great Bromley in Essex is "stacked" now. The rest should fall into your view when you merge if you or the other manager Private User accept the merge because it will prompt the merging of other "duplicates". I was replying on my phone last night and could not tag them. Here are the others-- Richards and Johns:

Richard Stone, Sr., of Great Bromley in Essex
Richard Stone, Sr., of Great Bromley in Essex

John Stone, of Great Bromley in Essex
John Stone, of Great Bromley in Essex

I have learned the hard way that a mere user should not merge Medieval dupes. One should leave that to curators.

Not medieval - colonial American ancestor. It’s like the Adams family. Goes way back in England, leads to US Presidents. So I know the genealogy in a way I wouldn’t know French kings …. Now that’s medieval !

Erica Howton lol Sorry. Anything 1500's I think of as Medieval
Thank you for merging them. I know you are very busy. I often wonder about the curators and what they do. I would think it varies but I appreciate them and especially you.

Thanks, Erica.

"The rest should fall into your view when you merge if you or the other manager Ashley Odell (limited availability) accept the merge..."

Looks like there are 105 people managing or curating that profile, and I have no familiarity with it at all. I wouldn't have been able to help -- sorry! So thanks for letting me know about it so I can remove myself. :)

Private User I only see/saw YOU. I am in iPhone right now so cannot check but if you are correct I apologize. No disrespect intended

*on iPhone… being IN one would be quite Tron though, wouldn’t it?! Ugh the trouble with typing with thumbs

No, I didn't take it in a bad way at all! No worries. :)

Thank you both.
Whenever I see a yellow triangle, I typically try to “fix” whatever is the issue or alert the managers and, if curated, the curator…. I usually try to leave a profile better than I found it but some days I just try to not go down the rabbit hole lol. This started as a PM to managers.
I know you guys (curators) are mostly volunteers and few, especially in relation to the number of people who are Geni users and also those who come to Geni as a result of a Google search

Appears all dupes have been merged. Thank you!

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion