Curators - SA please unlock these fields for editing.

Started by Private User on Sunday, August 8, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 29 posts
8/8/2021 at 12:39 PM

Private User , I'm not sure what action on what link you are requesting, though I sincerely want to comply with the wish of my dearly appreciated primary mentor on Geni. Please forgive my ignorance.

8/8/2021 at 2:38 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but are these persons not all living?

And if they are would they not be afforded privacy under the POPIA act?

I’m really confused and apologise most profusely if I have my wires crossed.

Kind regards
Tracey

Private User
8/8/2021 at 10:02 PM

I apologise for not explaining - please see the neighbouring discussion https://www.geni.com/discussions/235254?msg=1492685

The list in the opening message is of Curators who work in the South African tree. If a user comes across incorrect information on a Master profile which is either locked or where the fields are locked, the first step is to contact the curator of that profile requesting that the information be corrected (sources should be supplied), or that the profile/ fields be unlocked to allow the editing. In the event that such a request gets no response please add the link to the profile here with relevant information and one of us will attend to it.

This discussion is not intended to be a platform to debate how fields are used, naming conventions etc. There are other discussions where these issue are discussed.

Private User
8/9/2021 at 1:19 AM

@June thankyou for the explanation. The procedures are no clear.
Rina

Private User
8/10/2021 at 5:55 AM
Private User
8/10/2021 at 6:10 AM
Private User
8/10/2021 at 6:17 AM

Add mother of Engela Johanna Hermodina Elrina Griesel (Ceronio)
Show current family members
Suggest surnames
Relationship
You cannot add a parent to this person because relationships have been locked on a parent or another sibling.

Enter names in
English (default)
Add English (default)
Add Language...

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q2HG-XWQ2

Private User
8/11/2021 at 1:29 AM

Johanna Maria Wiesner isn't locked - hence no curators

I moved her to the parents according to that document.

Engela Johanna Hermodina Elrina Griesel - the message you show doesn't make sense - she is not an MP and I cannot see any locked relationships around her. I get the message that she already has biological parents so to add a parent it would need to be an adopted parent.

Relationships on her profile seem to be correct?

Daughter of Gideon Pieter Ceronio, SV/Prog and Jacomina Anna Johanna Botes, c8d4 [Bodis]
Wife of Hendrik David Johannes Griesel, b3c3d5

Private User
8/11/2021 at 1:48 AM

Thank you June

JM Wiesner and EJHE Griesel was incorrectly linked to Frans Vilonel as their father --was locked on his profile as children.

Message I got : You cannot add a parent to this person because relationships have been locked on a parent or another sibling.

But see you have resolved all these errors !

8/15/2021 at 3:39 PM

I am not sure where the information comes from for the names you mention. I am also not sure how these fields are locked or unlocked. If I am able to assist in some way, please explain and I would happily do so.

Private User
8/15/2021 at 9:34 PM

All done by June allready

Private User
8/15/2021 at 10:06 PM

Patricia-Anne Joy Fourie only curators can unlock profiles or fields of MPs - which is why we have started this thread. You can either message the curator involved directly using the link on the profile where locking is in place, or if they do not respond make a request here.

Private User
9/11/2021 at 2:09 AM

Jan Christoffel Esterhuizen, b3c2

wrong d.o.b and baptism
wrong marriage date

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/97KX-J93

Daan Botes --not surprised

Private User
9/11/2021 at 2:49 AM
Private User
9/11/2021 at 7:11 AM

Thx June

Private User
9/17/2021 at 7:45 AM

June I am with you. If a user can first contact a curator or manager of a profile, I am sure if he/she has no personal problems or agree/don't agree, I can't see a problem if the question/request are accompanied by a proper source, i.e. death/birth/marriage or any other of value.

Hope this comes out as meant. In good spirit and attention.

Private User
9/17/2021 at 8:38 AM

Judi
Profile updated and corrected with proper sources .
I still believe before a curator lock a profile best to just check and confiirm any details and sources.
Often just typos or just accidental mistakes / errors.
The corrections wanted also in good spirits not vindictive .

Private User
9/17/2021 at 8:43 AM

Still error with his Inventaris 1782 - wiljle Jan Christoffel
Esterhuizen .
Most likeky his wife that died 1782 not him as he remarried 1785..
Why so important to fact check transcribed documents always errors in transcriptions.

Private User
9/20/2021 at 4:57 AM

Dieselfde probleem met Joseph Robbertse b1c7d11 kurator Judi Meyer. Verskeie skrywes gerig vir die regstelling. Sy Vrou Sophia Jacoba Vrey was nie met hom getroud gewees nie. Sy was met Joseph Robbertse 1818 getroud gewees. Joseph Robbertse b1c7d11 Geni Profiel:-Joseph Robbertse, c7d11

Sophia Jacoba Vrey se kurator is Alexander Armenis en profiel is gesluit. Verskeie skrywes gerig en regstellings is nie hanteer nie. Geni Profiel:-Sophia Jacoba Vrey

Joseph Robbertse 1818 Geni Profiel:-Joseph Robbertse

Kurators kan julle asseblief hier help met die regstellings sodat die Stambome op plek kan kom. Dit help nie ek werk weke aan die profiele en niemand is bereid om die regstellings te hanteer nie.

Private User
9/20/2021 at 6:09 AM

Private User please give me the link to the profile where the problem is.

Private User
9/20/2021 at 6:20 AM

Private User

Joseph Robbertse, c7d11 is not locked I will see what I can do.

Sophia Jacoba Vrey - I merged the profiles for her and the one husband - but not the two Joseph Robertse - the dates are different - please check your records Private User please can you look at this?

Private User
9/20/2021 at 6:26 AM

Private User I have removed the marriage - Joseph Robbertse, c7d11

I hope all is now good. Sophia Jacoba Vrey should now be OK

Private User
9/20/2021 at 7:20 AM

Reference no.: MOOC8/49.15

Jan Christoffel Esterhuijsen
6 Februarie 1782
Insentaris van wijlen den burger Jan Christoffel Esterhuijsen

Jan Christoffel Esterhuizen, b3c2

Think this a transcription error ; he remarried in 1785

Private User
9/20/2021 at 8:53 AM

Baie baie dankie June alles is nou reg. Waardeer jou hulp. Alles is nou 100%.

Groete

Lenie

Private User
10/12/2021 at 3:45 AM

Private User Jammer ek kon nie antwoord nie. Gewapende roof in ons huis. Rekenaars en alle dokumente gesteel.

Ek is besig met oor opbou van my Legcy en dus ook Geni op nuwe rekenaar. Vat baie tyd in beslag.

Thank you June for helping.

This time I am first working with one person (profile) in one family line,again lookin for correct sources, i.e. Births, Baptism, marriage before adding or trying to help here as all my sources, even those I photographed myself ove 40 years, are lost and I m not willing to answer any questions without solid archival sources. Lenie I am sure June will always help. So if I don't come back to quickly, please tag June Barnes.

Judi

Private User
10/12/2021 at 3:58 AM

Hallo Judi,

Wat n hartseer verhaal. Vertrou jy en die familie is veilig. Baie baie sterkte met die nuwe uitdagings. Bitter jammer dat dit oor julle pad moes kom.

Baie dankie vir die terugvoer en ek sal op June se knoppie druk in die toekoms.

Sterkte

Lenie

10/25/2021 at 1:58 AM

Jammer Judi. Sterkte!

10/31/2021 at 11:27 PM

So sorry to hear about your terrible ordeal Judi. It must have been quite traumatic. May you soon feel better . Good luck with it all.

Private User
11/2/2021 at 1:56 AM

@ Judi,
Sjoe dit moes erg gewees het. Dis enige iemand se grootste nagmerrie. Mens moet seker maar 'n kopie êrens anders hou. Maar ons dink almal dit gebeur nie met ons/my nie. Dis vir almal 'n waarskuwing.
Sterkte
Rina

Showing all 29 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion