Robert John Reed - Robert Reed married to Martha Hansen

Started by Bronwyn Elizabeth Menhinick on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Source: https://www.myheritage.com/research/record-1-206169751-1-508070/robert-john-reed-in-myheritage-family-trees?indId=externalindividual-9a621cad5e985d8a9cc2fcda8472fc22&mrid=90b8a517a98ed907bce62b49bc06e3d0
    Geni member
Showing all 3 posts
9/28/2021 at 7:06 PM

Hi,

I am the great grand daughter of William Ansen Reed, my grandfather was Alfred Reed, his daughter Jean Reed married name Smith, was my mother. We know very little about Robert Reed. I live in Devonport NZ and am going to undertake some research on Alfred Reed's and William Ansen Reed's life in Devonport. William lived in Buchanan St in Devonport with his first wife who died at age 39 of a brain bleed William Reed remarried, my grandfather did not like his stepmother and his father had become difficult to live with according to family stories. Alfred left home at age 14 lied about his age and signed on with the Union Steam Ship company. He rose to the rank of Captain through hard work and self education. I would like to know how my great great grandfather Robert Reed died and which service he was in? Where in the photo is he? Martha has been a bit of a mystery to her descendants the link to other countries is a bit of a mystery too. Any further information would be a bonus.

Regards
Bronwyn Menhinick

Leigh PRO
9/28/2021 at 8:59 PM

Hi Bronwyn, all i know is what is on the tree, i wish you luck on your search, if i should find further information i will load it too the tree asap.
Kind Regards
Leigh.

9/29/2021 at 11:09 AM

Leigh thank you for your reply.
Regards
Bronwyn

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion