Hanna (Love) Austin-Moore / Amelia Co Native to Catawba - Incorrect Kinship Pathway

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Monday, November 1, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
11/1/2021 at 12:20 PM

I don't know how to fix this, but since Hannah was adopted by John Alexander Love and Elisha Love (Basye), the Basye line shouldn't be showing as my direct ancestors on Geni. I'd be a descendant of her biological parents Sam Love and Mary Love (Bnu), /Saponi. For some reason, both the adoptive lines and the biological lines all show as my direct ancestors, which gives false kinship pathways for me up the Bayse lines. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

11/1/2021 at 12:48 PM

Debbie Gambrell same for me too

11/1/2021 at 1:35 PM

David Cremeans mixed it by removing the adopted parents, but I think Geni has an issue on their side because a profile 'should' be able to show adopted / foster / step AND biological parents without causing it to show both sets as our direct ancestors. That's why they have those options on there. I've seen them used before without it doing that. So, I hate the adopted line had to be removed to fix it to show our correct directs.

11/1/2021 at 8:57 PM

Hi. According to my tree, I'm distantly related to Hannah via the Clark line. My Clarks were mentioned as Portuguese. The community where they resided, was mentioned in Hamilton's letter to the Secretary in Indian Affairs as Croatan. I was expecting to see a connection via my Peay and Stewart line who where originally in Louisa and Hanover co, VA before migrating down to the Catawba River area in SC. I have a female ancestor who is an Austin, but she is a mystery. The Peays had some land close to Hannah according to a map. One of the Peays were witness to her signing a deed. If anyone is familiar with the Peay and Stewart family and has more information to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Private
11/2/2021 at 9:14 AM

Latonya, it looks like Clark picked up a Portugueese descending Wife.

Private
11/2/2021 at 9:19 AM

Austin Ford Peay is likely whom you refer to given his first name. The Austin Family were connected to all ports, sometimes spelled Oisten in the business records with Rebecca Austin and Simon Farve of Nueva Espania (Luisiane era records show their buys and sells). They hailed originally from Germany.

If you have kits from gedmatch to share, the descendants my team has of this Austin, the Farve/Choctaw Austins, and your Austins can be compared. Would be very interesting.

11/3/2021 at 8:50 AM

Correction... 11/1/2 I meant to type 'fixed it', not 'mixed it'. Sorry

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion