Richard Braswell, III, of Edgecombe County - Two Wives?

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Sunday, November 21, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
11/21/2021 at 9:34 AM

Is there documentation that Richard married both an Elizabeth and an Eleanor Bryant?

Just asking to be sure since his About section notes only mention Elizabeth and leaves the impression he only married once.

Thanks for any clarification.

11/21/2021 at 9:37 AM

I'm tracing a line that goes through his son Richard who is connected as the son of Eleanor even though the notes in his About section show him as the son of Elizabeth.

Richard Braswell, IV

I see there have been gedcom uploads and, unfortunately, my experience with those is people load the info up and don't make sure all the connections are correct or put documentation for the info. So Eleanor 'seems' to be such a case. ?

Again, thanks.

12/3/2021 at 10:13 PM

Hello, Debbie.

I started tree documentation over at Ancestry.com, then upplemented it with Y-DNA testing at Family Tree DNA, which is partnered with GENI.

This specific Richard Braswell, is my 6th Great Grandfather through my Paternal Grandmother's lineage.

According to the "hints" at Ancestry, it appears that Richard only had one wife, Elizabeth Dulaney. I do treat those "hints" with respect and only add the information if verified by additional sources and associated trees.

Did I answer your question?

Ray

12/4/2021 at 11:22 AM

No, not exactly.

The question was whether Richard III was married to both an Eleanor and an Elizabeth Bryant, because his son Richard IV has Eleanor attached as his mother even though the About section notes only mention Elizabeth as the wife of Richard III.

Richard III is still connected to both wives, so my question remains unanswered as to whether that's correct or not.

12/4/2021 at 6:13 PM

I think Eleanor is actually Elinor, Richard II's wife, Elinor Braswell

12/4/2021 at 7:34 PM

I agree. David K. Brown but please check my thinking, and also, worried about sorting the children correctly.

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bryant-9299

Wikitree is showing confusion - Eleanor Bryant (daughter of James sr) wife of Richard Braswell ll.

With a (half sister) - Elizabeth Bryant (daughter of James sr) wife of Richard lll.

This isn’t good.

12/4/2021 at 8:26 PM

OK, I think I got Eleanor vs Elizabeth sorted, but I make no promises about the children.

12/6/2021 at 8:40 PM

Many Thanks Erica, and yes, the children will take some work.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion