Начала Debbie Gambrell сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (10)
Сегодня в 7:47 после полудня

I'm a little confused by this from the About seciton

Catherine Dickinson's original will dated 17th February, 1790 (no certificate of probate). Son John, daughter Mary, granddaughter Nancy. A statement in the papers says Adam Dickenson died intestate, leaving one son John, a daughter Mary Davis, and Mrs. McClung, the only child of Abigail Carpenter.

----------------------

I had first noticed that this Abigail has the maiden name Dickson rather than Carpenter but she's connected a full sister to Judith Carpenter but then half sister to their brothers Samuel and Jeremiah. I thought perhaps her maiden name being listed as Dickson was an error, that it should Carpenter since Joseph Carpenter is connected as her father, not a step-father.

But the excerpt from the About section states that Mrs. McLung, wihch would be this Abigail, was the only child of Abigail (Dickinson) Carpenter. Yet the mother Abigail has Judith connected as her daughter also.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what I'm reading, but in any case needing to have some clarification on the maiden name of this Abigal as to whether Joseph Carpenter was her father, etc. so I can be sure if the Geni pathways are correct.

Thanks.

Сегодня в 7:58 после полудня

Bad merges, or https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/129723486/abigail-mcclung is wrong. Need to investigate.

Сегодня в 8:00 после полудня

Findagrave is wrong - Dickenson is a middle name, not surname.

http://www.meadowbluff.com/genealogy/1221.html

Abigail Dickenson CARPENTER

Сегодня в 8:08 после полудня

Thanks, Erica. Also, according to Ancestry, the sister Judith connected is connected to the wrong family here.

Judith “Juda” Shawver

Judith is on my half-sister's paternal lines and Ancestry trees have her parents as a Joseph Carpenter with his wife Leah, not Abigail. Which that matches the About section comment that Abigail only had one chlild - this Abigail McClung.

Judith (Carpenter) Shawver
1764–1860

BIRTH ABT. 1764 • Augusta, Virginia, Colonial America

DEATH 1860 • Virginia, USA

Father: Joseph Carpenter (1720–1792)
Mother: Leah Carpenter (1720–1792)

Сегодня в 8:19 после полудня

The same Joseph? Just use the relationship tab drop down box to select the correct parents. I’m here so I’ll do it, but most members can so it.

Сегодня в 8:44 после полудня

Well the same Joseph here has wives Leah and Abigail, so it appears to be the same Joseph unless someone has mixed up two same-name guys and given them both wives.

That's why I prefer a descendant or curator make any necessary connections, because I'm an inlaw thru my half-sister on her Shawver lines, and a distant cousin sharing the Peake ancestry on my lines. But I'd only recently worked a little on the Shawver connections, which is what brought me to these other folks I'd never heard of before and don't know anything other than what is in any of the profile notes or Ancestry info.

So the connections I'm really working with are how these folks are connected to the Shawver line through Judith (Carpenter) Shawver. But that's when I noticed that Abigail is probably her half-sister, not her full sister...based on the profile notes.

Сегодня в 8:45 после полудня

I meant corrections, not connections

Сегодня в 9:55 после полудня

That's why I prefer a descendant or curator make any necessary connections, …

Then you’ll wait a long time. I manage 100,000 profiles and curate 50,000. Geni has 1.6 million profiles.

If you know the answer, jump in. These profiles had very good sourcing, it was just technical fixes. The Carpenter Cousins hire one of the best working genealogists and update every two years. I didn’t even look at their site / his reports for this because I know the site I was working with used those reports. :)

Сегодня в 9:56 после полудня

Typo:

https://www.geni.com/worldfamilytree

Profiles connected by Geni's World Family Tree:

Сегодня в 9:59 после полудня

http://www.meadowbluff.com/genealogy/10255.html

Item I give to my well beloved Daughter Juda Shaver the Sume of ten Shillings Current Money of Virginia

Показаны все сообщения (10)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении