Neche Pazernov - Any Evidence?

Started by Private User on Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 1-30 of 121 posts
Private User
1/4/2022 at 7:40 AM

Has anyone found any evidence for her name?
Has anyone found any evidence for her date of birth, or is this just somebody's estimate based on a child's date or estimated date of birth, or ?
Is there any evidence for her place of birth? Or did somebody just make an assumption based perhaps on grandchildren listed on an 1858 Revision List for Ukmerge / Ukmerge / Kaunas ?

There are Trees on Ancestry that include her spouse, but not her - including the only one with his name listed as we currently have it, Moshe FinnPazernov
Many of the Trees in Family Tree of the Jewish People on JewishGen include her spouse, but not her - including the one by Harold Rhode, who is a direct descendant and I think is the major researcher of the Pazernov family.

Private User
1/4/2022 at 8:29 AM

Rabbi Moshe Joseph Pazernov
1750–1800
BIRTH 1750 • Wilkomir, Ukmerg, Kovno, Kauno, Lithuania
DEATH 1800 • Wilkomir, Ukmerg, Kovno, Kauno, Lithuania

Neche (Nechema) Pazernov
1746–
BIRTH 1746 • Wilkomir, Ukmerg, Kovno, Kauno, Lithuania
DEATH Wilkomir, Vilniaus, Lithuania

Shlioma Pazernov
in the Lithuania, Tax and Voters Lists, 1839-1949 (various years)
No record imageLithuania, Tax and Voters Lists, 1839-1949 (various years)
Add or update information
Report a problem
DetailSource
Name: Shlioma Pazernov
Record Type: Box Taxpayers
Residence Date: 1877
Residence Place: Ukmerge, Kaunas, Lithuania
Residence Region (Uyezd): Ukmerge
Father:
Iosel
Comments: absent, not poor
Archive/Fond/Inventory/File Number: KRA/I-49/1/12938
Page number: 260
Save

Private User
1/4/2022 at 8:41 AM

Rabbi Moshe Yosef "yossel" Pazernov
Birth Circa 1790
Vilkomir, Ukmerg, Kovna, Russia (Lithuania)
Marriage Marriage to: Neche Pasanov
Circa 1814
Vilkomir, Ukmerg, Kovna, Russia (Lithuania)
Death Circa 1875
Ukmerge, Vilniaus, Lithuania

Private User
1/4/2022 at 8:43 AM

Family members
Parents
Rabbi Moshe Yosef Pasanov Finn
1790 - 1875
Neche Pasanov Finn
1800 - 1875
Wife
Rivka Finn (born Sigel)
1845 - 1901
Wife
Keile (Pazernov) Finn (born Pazoll)
1820 - 1875
Wife
Katy Finn
Wife
Rochla Finn
Siblings
Yente Golding (born Pazernov)
1828 - 1915
Shlomo Halevi Pasanov
1843 - 1899
Ida Gale (born Finn)
1849 - 1912
Abraham Hyman Barron
1841 - 1906
Isaac Finn
1843 - 1906
Children
Simon Aaron Shloime Aron Pazernov Finn
1841 - 1934
Baila Finegold (born Finn)
1850 - 1923
Nathan E. Pazernov Finn
1865 - 1953
Samuel J. (Pazernov) Finn
1877 - 1975
Israel (Pazernov) Finn
1879 - 1965
Ida Gale (born Finn)
1849 - 1912
Hanah (Cherna) Cherna Chayet (born Pazernov)
1851 - ?
Nellie Kaner (born Pazernov - Finn)
1870 - 1960
Hyman (Pazernov) Finn
1879 - 1984

Private User
1/4/2022 at 3:48 PM

Private User -

1) You are copying and pasting information from some place, but you are not including where you are copying the info from. With no idea what the source is, it does not count as evidence.

2) Simply being in a Tree someplace is not evidence, so simply copying from a Tree, even if you tell us what Tree it is and/or provide a link to it or some other way for us to see it is not evidence.

3) The Topic here is "Neche Pazernov - Any Evidence?" - so to count here the evidence needs to be about Neche Pazernov .
Much of what you have taken up space pasting is not about anyone named Neche Pazernov.
Moreover, the link is there Neche Pazernov
Your first post does at least mention that Neche
Your 2nd and 3rd posts, while they do mention a Neche Pazernov, the one they mention is the wife of the grandson of the Neche Pazernov being asked about here. So not relevant here.

Private User
1/4/2022 at 4:25 PM

Randy Schoenberg
Hatte Blejer (absent until Nov 1)
Erica Howton

Private User is clearly trying
Could one or more of you explain what counts as evidence, how to present it, etc. and or links to where he can obtain that information.
And if I misspoke in my post just above, will you please let both of us know, and correct it.

Rereading, I see my first post is open to misinterpretation. By
"There are Trees on Ancestry that include her spouse, but not her"
I was in no way suggesting that she was not included in many of the trees that had her spouse - but rather that, at least to me, her absence on some of them suggested some people had failed to find any evidence about her, and that this made it especially important to actually find evidence, or if none could be found, perhaps Geni should simply list her as unknown.

1/4/2022 at 6:22 PM

I don’t see “evidence” for Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov either.

What we’re looking for is a primary source that demonstrates her name, marriage and children. A death notice, tombstone, marriage license, list in a census, birth certificate.

Secondary sources could include newspaper articles, published genealogy books, remembrance books.

The reason for asking on this particular profile is there is a discrepancy in the online trees, some giving this name (without saying where they got it from), some calling her “unknown.”

Private User
1/5/2022 at 12:20 AM

Thanks, Erica Howton

And I agree about the lack of evidence about Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov
Do not know if you noticed I had also started a Public Discussion about him.
In it, I tagged Harold Rhode and asked Harold
"What records and/or info did you obtain about him?
How do you think his last name should be listed?"

I also have sent Harold Rhode an email. Hopefully he will be kind enough to respond to one or both.

I heard him speak in the past at an IAJGS Conference, and he came across to me as an excellent researcher and very knowledgeable about the Pazernov line, which is one of his ancestral lines. Before that, when I had first seen the profiles from Earle Scharff's GedCom Import of July 2009 of the Pazernov extended family I had seen that his info seemed to match a Tree I found from Harold Rhode (possibly a slightly earlier edition of https://www.genealogy.com/ftm/r/h/o/Harold-Rhode-MD/index.html ) - and had been thinking Earle Scharff got his info from Harold Rhode.

The Tree Harold sent me in 2016, and the Tree Harold has posted in JewishGen do not include a wife of Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov . Earle's import also did not include her.

7/27/2022 at 5:48 PM

Private User This tree still looks a bit messed up. I started trying to sort it out, but stopped. Can you add evidence on the profiles where there is evidence and then tell me whether to sever, delete or merge the others?

https://www.geni.com/list/descendants/6000000006919156149#5

Private User
7/27/2022 at 6:53 PM

. Will try, but the changes you made make it a whole lot harder for me to orient --
can you give some background on the profiles you added and moved today:
(Father of Moshe Yankel) Pazernov - showing now as "? Pazernov" Added today - Immediate Family: Son of Moshe FinnPazernov and Neche Pazernov
Father of Movshe Pazernov
Brother of Shlomo Pazernov

His Revision Tab says ? Pazernov was added as Movshe Pazernov's brother by Randy Schoenberg. -- about an hour ago
But he is not now Moshe's brother.

And on Moshe's Revision list I see
---Movshe Pazernov was disconnected from his parents Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov and Neche Pazernov and siblings Shlomo Pazernov and ? Pazernov by Randy Schoenberg.
about an hour ago
----Movshe Pazernov was connected to ? Pazernov as his son by Randy Schoenberg.
about an hour ago
----? Pazernov was added as Movshe Pazernov's brother by Randy Schoenberg.
about an hour ago

Why?

Private User
7/27/2022 at 6:56 PM

Harold Yisrael Zvi Rhode is, I believe, the Harold Rhode who is an expert on this family.

Private User
7/27/2022 at 7:53 PM

Randy Schoenberg

My relatives are descendants of Moshe FinnPazernov and Neche Pazernov's son. Shlomo Pazernov

The Descendants list you gave a link to goes to 5 generations -- I see nothing there in Shlomo's descendants that should be severed, deleted or merged.
What, if anything, are you seeing as being questionable there?

I know that line has relatives who married, but I am not noticing the effects of that there, either.

If I go out to 6 generations, then there start being a lot of Profiles that are Private to me. So no idea which, if any, of those are duplicates or not.

This couple:. Molly (Gale) Finn b. April 1879; d. 1932 +Samuel Finn b. January 15, 1877, Lietuva (Lithuania); d. March 3, 1975, Stoughton, Norfolk, MA, United States; m. circa 1907
Appears as Gen. 6 for Molly dau of Ida
AND
As Gen 5 for Samuel son of Lieber
That is correct.

Is it just the descendants of Shlomo's sibling that you have questions about? Or ??

7/27/2022 at 10:21 PM

Private User it did not look very likely that Movshe b. 1792 was the son of Moshe. Moshe's son Shlomo is born 1770. Is Movshe a different name from Moshe? And Movshe also has a son Moshe Yankel? Seems unusual, but maybe I have it wrong.

I don't see any evidence for the father on the profile of Moshe Yankel Pazernov

And are these two maybe the same?

Leiba Pazernov
Leiber Mendel Finn

And maybe Simon Aaron Finn is a bit younger (born a bit later)?

Those were my questions.

Private User
7/27/2022 at 10:29 PM

Moshe Yankel Pazernov

Moshe Y Pazernov's children are Yeshayahu Finn, Yente Pazernov, Isaac Finn, and Shlomo H. Pazernov

7/27/2022 at 10:38 PM

I didn't see any reference to the father of Moshe Yankel Pazernov so I severed him for now. Is there evidence for his father?

And are there two different Isaac Finn and Shlomo H Pazerovs, because I only see them as children of Moshe Yosef Pazernov

7/27/2022 at 10:39 PM
7/27/2022 at 10:42 PM

And Private User started building out a duplicate tree again at Rabbi Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov I think we've been through this once before, right? We need actual evidence on these profiles like Private User has ben adding to hers.

Private User
7/27/2022 at 11:00 PM

(Father of Moshe Yankel) Pazernov

? Pazernov should be Moses Fine

Private User
7/28/2022 at 2:52 AM

Randy Schoenberg - It would have been much, much easier for me to have worked on this if you had left it as it was and asked the questions.

Below are all Added by: Dr. Earle Scharff on July 11, 2009 -- undoubtedly based on or from the Tree created by Harold Rhode. Or as indicated, maybe be by him

1) (father Leiba) Pazernov - but apparently as ? Pazernov, and I updated to Deceased in March 2019. He has AKA ?2 /Pazernov/ - and the same day I changed his first name from ? to Moshe, so clearly that is on me to try to re-work
You have added another generation between him and what had been his parents
Apparently you did this because you felt "it did not look very likely that Movshe b. 1792 was the son of Mosh"
BUT - did you see my comment in the About "--See Timeline. -- -- Birth is a major estimate - could be way off."
Did you read the rest of my comment on his About?? It provides the "evidence that: Movsha father of Leyba Pozernov and Shlioma father of Movsha Iosel Pozernov are siblings" And for the first name being Movshe.
RANDY - NOTE: Birth was a major estimate, relationship was much more certain. If birth was only reason for adding the extra generation, please revert
Or explain why yo reject my reasoning.

2) Moshe Yankel Pazernov - in March 2019 I changed him to deceased and changed his first name from Moshe to Moshe Yankel. He has documentation in the About and the Timeline
You recently disconnected him from the World Tree so I can no longer work on him.

3) Leiba Pazernov = Leiba Pazernov - has documentation in his Timeline
who you suggest as a duplicate of
Maybe 4) Leiber Mendel Finn = Leiber Mendel (Pazernov) Finn (as currently listed) - who was added by Harriet (Perlman) Manis (of blessed memory) on October 19, 2008. - and was probably merged with one created by Dr. Earle Scharff on July 11, 2009 since has Marcia Brenda Schulman as a Manager and she took over from him -- It has documentation in the About and the Timeline and in Media

Maybe 5) Simon Aaron Finn was also added by Harriet (Perlman) Manis (of blessed memory), this time on October 26, 2008. - and was probably merged with one created by Dr. Earle Scharff on July 11, 2009 since has Marcia Brenda Schulman as a Manager and she took over from him -- It has documentation in the Timeline and Media

6) Isaac Finn - has documentation in About and Media

Maybe 7) Shlomo Halevi Pasanov was also added by Harriet (Perlman) Manis (of blessed memory), this time on October 20, 2008. - and was probably merged with one created by Dr. Earle Scharff on July 11, 2009 since has Marcia Brenda Schulman as a Manager and she took over from him -- It has some documentation in the About and Timeline and Media

I believe that is everybody you have asked about so far. Please see my comments on 1).
I will look further into the others anon. Should have been sleeping instead of writing this.

Private User
7/28/2022 at 7:43 AM

Randy Schoenberg
Harold Rhode is a direct descendant of Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov
He started his research long before there were any online data bases.
I am not sure whether he has both ha information and copies of records from the Archives AND has looked at actual records at the Archives
but I have heard him give at least one presentation at one of the Annual IAJGS Conferences,
and I think he said he did.

There is no reason to believe that every single record he received or looked at in person has been digitized.

Nobody is perfect, but given that together with how much of what he had I have been able to find online records verifying, my strong recommendation is to go with what he had unless
a) we see what he has now is different
And/or
b) we find records indicating something different

Private User
7/28/2022 at 8:06 AM

**"he has both ha information and"
should just be "he has both information and"

This is one posting directly from Harold Rhode https://www.genealogy.com/ftm/r/h/o/Harold-Rhode-MD/index.html
He also has a Tree posted in JewishGen
And I have a Tree he sent me in 2016
Do not know if his most recent iteration is posted anywhere or???
If you have a paid Ancestry Account you can perhaps see if he has a Tree posted there.
(AncestryLibrary shows Trees but does not show whose Tree it is.)

7/28/2022 at 8:13 AM

The 1858 revision list has Moshe Yosef Pazernov son of Shlomo Pazernov as an older cousin of Leiba Pazernov son of (father Leiba) Pazernov. I think it would make more sense if Moshe Yosef Pazernov and Leiba Pazernov were first cousins once removed, rather than first cousins. The notation of "cousin" still fits. That way Moshe Yosef Pazernov and (father Leiba) Pazernov are first cousins, both named after the grandfather Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov. If you strongly disagree, we can easily put it back, but I think it makes much more sense this way.

7/28/2022 at 8:18 AM

2. I reattached Moshe Yankel Pazernov at the same generation as Moshe Yosef Pazernov and (father Leiba) Pazernov so all the Moshes appear as first cousins now and you can work on it to see if thy are different or possibly the same.

7/28/2022 at 8:23 AM

Private User what would you like to do with Rabbi Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov?

7/28/2022 at 8:27 AM

Private User what would you like to do with Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov? I don't see any further response on the discussion at https://www.geni.com/discussions/243285?msg=1533244

7/28/2022 at 8:31 AM

P.S. I find the descendant charts extremely useful in situations like these. I do this in all the old Prague families when we know that people are related but aren't exactly sure how they fit together. It really works. https://www.geni.com/list/descendants/6000000006919156149#5. You can see all the Moshes and Liebers in one view and it makes it easier to figure out if there are mistakes or potential duplicates that might be merged.

Not sure still what to do with the suggestion by Private User that

Moshe Y Pazernov's children are Yeshayahu Finn, Yente Pazernov, Isaac Finn, and Shlomo H. Pazernov

and if or how to tie his Rabbi Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov into this tree. I want to help you find a solution, if possible, so this doesn't keep coming up.

Private User
7/28/2022 at 9:17 AM

Randy,

You are adding and changing faster than I can respond.

With regard to what Mitchell (currently shown as M. Bloom = Private User - he has repeatedly changed his Display Name) believes and has added

I know Ashkenazi Jews are an endogamous population and so
1) it is totally common to find some level of a DNA match between any two Ashkenazi Jews
2) the relationship indicated by a DNA match between two Ashkenazi Jews should generally be ignored, unless it is second cousin or higher

As far as I can tell, Mitchell has a DNA Match to a descendant of Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov - specifically a descendant of his son Shlomo - and it gave a suggested relationship.
I believe that and the fact that Moses is a variation of Movshe and Fine looks like Finn are the basis for Mitchell's beliefs.
There are many versions of the Tree for Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov on Ancestry.
I believe Mitchell may have his so it shows Moses Fine as a child of Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov and that as a result it shows the profile for his DNA match with the suggested relationship to him.

I do not think that is a reason for Geni to show that relationship.

I agree with you that it seems Mitchell has started building out a duplicate tree again at Rabbi Moshe FinnPazernov - and I think it should be stopped unless he provides actual documentation.
I have seen have absolutely no reason to believe Rabbi Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov is the father of Moses Fine = Moses Fine
nor that Shlomo Pazernov = Shlomo Pazernov is the brother of Moses Fine.

My suggestion - delete both Moses Fine's father and brother, and Master and Relationship lock Moses Fine.
To be added back and/or Moses connected to Shlomo Pazernov only if and when sufficient documentation and proof has been provided.

And if possible, try to explain to Private User that the Relationship mentioned on a DNA site is one suggestion, not gospel. And that relationships shown by Thrulines are also not gospel, and need to be confirmed by documentation.

Private User
7/28/2022 at 9:41 AM

Moshe Y Pazernov's descendant:

Yeshayahu Finn
Iosel Y J Finn
Abraham Y Finn
George Joseph Finn
My 5th cousin 1x removed (29cM 4 segments)

Yente Pazernov
Hinde/Annie Golding
Nellie Kaplan
Georgette Y Cohen
My 5th cousin 1x removed (9 cM 3 segments)

Issac P Finn
Morris Finn
Harry Finn
Steven S G Finn
My 5th cousin 1x removed (14 cM 2 segments)

Shlomo H Pazernov
Neche P Kronick
Morris I. Gordon
My 5th cousin (8 cM 3 segments)

Itzak Finn
Yeshayahu H Finn
Iosel Y J Finn
Abraham Y Finn
Arlene Theresa Finn
My 5th cousin 1x removed (12 cM 3 segments)

Private User
7/28/2022 at 9:56 AM

Iosel Y J Finn, HaLevi

I see Iosel Finn's 4 DNA matches.

Private User
7/28/2022 at 10:03 AM

Randy Schoenberg - forgot to tag you in my comment above.
Also
By the way -- there is no documentation showing that Herbert (Herzl) Bloom (or the "duplicate brother Herbert Rosenberg Bloom" that Customer Service created) is a child of Jacob Rosenberg and Toba (Fine) Rosenberg = Jacob Yehuda Rosenberg and Toba Chaye Rosenberg

Discussed in Herbert (Herzl) Bloom#/tab/discussion

That connection was added by Mitchell and is, I believe, based on a similar "understanding" of DNA results by Mitchell.
Without that connection Mitchell would not be descended from Moses Fine, and so would not be trying to do that connecting of Moses Fine to Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov

The duplicate of Herbert was authorized by Mike Stangel because he felt close in, Mitchell should be able to show his family as he believed it was, even if there was no documentation - and Geni could also show the relationships provided by documentation.

The lack of any reason to believe in the connection to Jacob Rosenberg and Toba (Fine) Rosenberg was discovered after he made that decision, and I do not know if Mike is willing for it to be deleted. -- and if so, for both versions of Herbert or?

On the other hand, Mike was quite clear that far back, Mitchell's beliefs were not to be a determining factor, if there was no documentation, then he was not to be adding or connecting profiles.

(I have tagged him so he can clarify or correct, if I misunderstood or misstated)

Showing 1-30 of 121 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion