Joseph Gibson - Straightening out the Gibsons

Started by Linda Kathleen Thompson, (c) on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
yesterday at 6:40 PM

There is a lot of conflicting info online about several Gibson sections of the tree. Kenneth Gibson and I have begun the task of trying to straighten it out.

We have already removed all the children of Moses Gibson/Elsie Janney and merged them into their correct location with the children of Joseph Gibson/Alice "Ealse" Jackson. There are Quaker Meeting Records that are added to Joseph and Alice's profiles as sources to explain this change.

yesterday at 7:08 PM

A copy of the info of the Minutes* of Carlow Monthly Meeting, Ireland, was added to the profile of Alice Evans Gibson It lists their children and their birthdates.

Today at 7:09 AM

Copied here from private message from Ken Gibson "The answer to birth date of Isaac Gibson is 2 July 1734 but it came off Rootsweb before being absorbed by Ancestry, so don’t know how valid.

I don’t like looking at Gibsons in Northern Virginia ancestors before Moses Gibson (b. 1768) married to Betsy Winn because there is so many bad postings everywhere that my head swirls. At least that marriage is 100% because of the Bible being published. And through Winn and then Withers my wife is related to Kings and royalty all the way to Clovis earlier through Charlemagne. I have a lot of strange coincidences to my wife’s ancestry. Through my mother’s side of ancestry I am Cousin of my wife descended from King Edward I.
Also Alice ( Jackson) Gibson leased property from George Washington and also my relative Obadiah Oliphant did also in Loudoun county. They were in court and the purchases are next to each other in court records. While visiting Sterling castle in 2006 I have a photo of a plaque above the main residence entry to Sir William Oliphant of Aberdalgie & Dupplin defending Stirling castle in 1304.
I like discovering wierd coincidences. Also went to Yorkshire England to visit grave site of ggggrandmother and discovered a relative living next door to the church.
Bored you enough
Thanks for help
Ken"

Today at 7:31 AM

Just in case we need them, here are the Virginia boundary line changes. https://digital.newberry.org/ahcb/documents/VA_Individual_County_Ch...

Today at 10:42 AM

A side note to the marriage of Moses Gibson and Betsy Winn is their home is still in existence 2 miles from Flint Hill Va. built in 1808. It is called ‘Bowling Green’ and Moses and some of his family are buried in the back yard. I have been in contact with present owners. Drove through the area in 2006 but didn’t know about home at that time.
Also a home built by Betsy’s father Minor Winn in 1808 in Fauquier county is still in existence. It is called ‘Rock Hill’ and was recently sold in 2015.
Ken Gibson

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion