Matthew Wallace, Resident of Manokin in Colonial Maryland - Follow up on Somerset Co MD Wallace families

Started by James E. Baucom Jr. on today
Today at 1:30 AM

I usually never edit other people's ancestors. I supply suggestions or corrections and let the managers decide what to use.
In the Family Search, Matthew Wallace and Elizabeth Alexander had 19 children. Their son William b 1684 d 1698 was wrong and their son Richard b 1682 actually had a son John identified in William's will. Richard born soon after his parents married. When you post their unknown daughter as N N Brevard she becomes the half sister to her siblings. Make her NN Wallace, and note note that she married Brevard..

One huge final error that caused me to smile. MATTHEW JR BORN 1672 at Cecil Co MD. His parents never left Somerset Co MD. Land Records show that Matthew Wallace. Alexanders, McKnitts and Brevard acquired land 1714 in Cecil Co. It is assumed but unproven that the Matthew son of Matthew Sr was the one who went to Cecil Co MD but it could have been Matthew, son of John, who was Matthew Sr's brother..

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion